All reviewsclamsjan febpuerto viejonice lodgerooms are greatperfect locationfrogspoolwifitownnaturerain
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Houses are too near from the street and it's impossible to sleep. Also when we arrived they were still "cleaning" the room even on check-in time (14hrs). Local lady in the front desk wouldn't even tell me were could we keep our luggage, she didn't tell me were was the rest room or the parking lot. Bad bad service!!!

Room Tip: Ask if the room is away from main streets, also how close the other houses are from each other.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine G
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Recommended the Casa Verde to friends who were staying in Puerto Viejo and looking to buying property here. On the evening of Sept 21 they went for a 2 hour evening dinner and returned to the room to find all their belongins stolen.

There was a security gaurd on duty at the time and the only acces to the room was worked expertly by someone who seemed to know how the latch release worked.

The owner not only refused to reimburse the guests but refused to have her staff questioned about the incident and blamed the guest. The owner continued beign extremely rude and told the guest to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank 4David
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I spent four nights at Casa Verde with 2 friends and our stay was simply marvellous. They gave us a large apartment with a nice patio with a hammock as well as a well-furnished kitchen. The apartment was clean and neat, featuring one double bed and one single bed, a TV and a fan (no AC). There was plenty of room for our luggage, and they have complimentary housekeeping as well.

The place is amazing, the rooms being scattered around a lush tropical garden with a swimming pool and a jacuzzi right in the centre. The staff was very welcoming and friendly and was happy to help organize our tours and to give useful advice. The breakfast was not included in the price but there is a nice common area with TV and tables and a coffee maker aways full of tasty costa-rican coffee (for free).

The hotel is centrally-located, on a street that runs parallel to the main road, therefore it is not disturbed by the noise coming from the bars. The beach and all the attractions (i.e. bars, restaurants and market) are max 2 minutes away.

The price was also very reasonable and our stay was definitely good value for money.

If I ever go back to PV, this is gonna be my choice. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My stay at the Casa Verde Lodge for 3 nights and it was close to perfect. They gave me a room with a huge veranda (room 14), private bath and a refrigerator. There is no A/C, so it was a bit uncomfortable sleeping, and the beds were mediocre. But the room was neat and clean, and bright and cheerful. I enjoyed napping in the hammock out on the veranda after coming back from treks on the beach and in the village. The big selling point of this place is location, it's only a couple of blocks from the main drag with restaurants and bars, and yet the grounds make you feel like you are in the jungle. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My big complaint was some really noisy kids that spoiled the tranquility of the place, but that was the parents fault not the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 14. Larger room and huge veranda with private bath.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Me and my best friend came here to spend like 3 days. We stayed in Puerto Viejo. We rented a nice apartment for 45 dollars a night and it was really nice!!!!We had a nice kitchen , they provided paltes, utensils, cups, pans, etc. Nice bathroom, one full size bed and two twin beds, we had a nice balcony. We literally like less than a minute away from all the fun bars, stores, restuarants and the ebach. It is a very rural place, alot of hippies, this is were alot of the afrocaribean costaricans live. We felt safe here during the day and at night!I will definitely will be goin back!!I loved it!!They also had a fantasctic pool area!!and also not far is the black sand beach, the stray dogs dont bother no one, ppl were very helpful. The local food was soooo goooddd!!i couldnt get enough of it. The shoppin stores are nice, i love the local artisans.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends