“Great hotel in puerto viejo”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Hotel Escape Caribeno
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at escape caribeno for 2 nights in the garden rooms. The hosts are very nice and the price not so high compare to other hotels in the area. The room was spacious including a/c minibar t.v and private hammock with garden view which is very well kept!
Location is 500 meter from village center.
Pura vida!

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Escape Caribeno

Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

Check in: very easy the owner was awaiting our group and we were given room 1.

Room: There was a lovely porch with a hammock, table and chairs. Inside was a double and single bed. Both had mosquito nets. There was also a free safe to use and tv. There was free wifi which sometimes worked on the porch but it worked better in the breakfast room.

Breakfast: There were three choices of breakfast ranging from $4 to $10. The lowest price was toast with jam, coffee and juice. Again you could find it cheaper just next door.

Overall the hotel was lovely. We had a little probably with ants but it wasn't too much of a bother. The location isn't far from downtown and the beach is opposite.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We spent a wonderful, unforgettable time at the Escape Caribeno – thank you!

The cozy and clean cabins of the hotel are located on the seaside and in the beautiful tropical gardens. They all dispose of air-condition and a safe. The car can be parked safely on the lockable(!) premises.
The location of the hotel is perfect - you can enjoy the tranquility of the tropical garden and relax in your hamac :-))) or/and you can go out to the bars in the village of Pto. Viejo, just 2 minutes away.

The Italian owners were adorable and very helpful. They gave us many recommendations concerning tours and restaurants in the beautiful surroundings.

Escape Caribeno is a great location to stay – we´ll come back (si dios quiere!)
Grazie Mille Ms. Gloria!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at Escape Caribeno while on our Costa Rica adventure. The rooms were very clean, the Cabin was restful, the hammick a great place to lie. The beach was close by.
Enjoyed the garden, and the owners just left you alone to do your own thing.
The dog is friendly and came into our cabin for a little walk about.
After our adventure we did find out that we could have found some other places as nice at less cost. We still enjoyed it.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the cabins beach side. You then have to go across the road for breakfast, and we were tol...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We spent 2 nights here as part of a G Adventures trip. Nice setting with trees, flowers, birds in multi-unit cabins just outside the small town, though the only good beaches were on opposite side of town--about 15 minutes walk. Rooms had A/C, small fridge and TV with many channels to watch during rain. (We thought would be "dry" season by mid-December but we were wrong!) Didn't try hammocks because of rain. Only thin sheets on bed. Wi-fi worked in central area but not in our room. Breakfast were rather expensive.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Escape Caribeno is a beautiful place a short walk from the main town of Puerto Viejo, the grounds are beautiful and lead down to the beach. Gloria is the woman in charge, she was very nice and helpful. She genuinely cared about the safety of myself and the other guests, however she did scare me a little! It took me nearly all week to gain my confidence to go out after dark and to be honest I felt much safer in Puerto Viejo after dark than I do at home during the day. She also told me I couldn't bring men back to my room for the safety of myself and other guests, I hope she tells everyone that and not just me!

The rooms were fairly large and very well kept, they were cleaned and tidied everyday, they even had bug nets hung up so you didn't have to do it yourself! The bathroom had a shower but no hot water, however when I stayed it was so hot there I didn't miss the hot water and found a cold shower refreshing. All the rooms came with a safe, A/C, fridge with drinks for $2, a TV and Wifi access, when I arrived the wifi link system across the road from the main office wasn't working but after telling Gloria she had someone out to fix it the next day and let me know when it was ready to use. The rooms also had a hammock hung up outside and I found it ever so relaxing to wind down at the end of the day in one of them and read a book or get in touch with people at home.

The breakfasts were nice but basic, there were several different options ranging from $4-$8 and I found they were more than adequate to set me up for the day. The place where breakfast was served was in the gardens and next to the bird table where there was all sorts of different species, I could have sat and watched them coming and going all day!

The staff at Escape Caribeno were lovely, Gloria and her husband didn't mind me coming and going to drop me key off while I was off swimming, Gloria gave me a glass of her home made juice (the fruit had been picked off one of the trees in the gardens) and the gardeners gave me some amazing fresh fruit, one of which they hacked the top off with their machetes and inside it was hollow and filled with juice, it was delicious! Little things like that are what make a good stay great.

My only problem with this place was the price, $80 a night seems a little steep compared to the rest of PV, I booked my stay as a package so wasn't aware of the room rate per night but I think if I was to go back again I would try and book somewhere a bit cheaper.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RachaelBee
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I was in Costa Rica on an R&R out of Iraq and just needed some down time and found that at Escape Caribeno. I made great use of the hammock on the front veranda of my room and it was a short walk across the road to get to the beach. Ms. Gloria was a very gracious hostess and she pointed out more than a few places I should visit while in town and I did most everyone with much thanks to her.
I guess some people are used to only the best things out of life but many of us are just happy to get away & have a few pleasures and my stay at Escape Caribeno was one of those pleasures. Thank you Ms. Gloria...or should I say "grazie mille".

Room Tip: Depends on what you want or expect
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo