Hotel Escape Caribeno
US$221
US$154
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$111
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$118
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$73
Priceline
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$99
Umami Hotel(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$129
US$125
Orbitz.com
Hotel Yare(Cocles)
US$57
  • Restaurant
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$71
Priceline
Coco Loco Lodge(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot waterclose to towng adventures tourbird feedingthe ownerwithin walking distancefree wificosta ricarent bikesnice bungalowscolorful birdsworked greatair conditioningthe breakfast areagardens are beautifulnice bathroommin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here last week when I was on my one day trip in Costa Rica. The place is really beautiful, well maintained and very clean. I felt safe being there too because it is gated bungalows. The price is quite high, but looking at what I got It seemed okay. Claudia, the owner, was very nice and her dog which quite a large dog was very sweet. My room is an A/C room and shower has a hot shower which cost $75. Anyway, if you have enough budget to spend and like to be in the nice, clean, pretty garden place, I think this is a really great option for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Fah R
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great place, lovely owner and perfect location. I will recommend 100% that place. Went there for a diving trip, but because of the caribbean weather we weren't able to dive. The owner was really really nice with us. We surf puerto viejo area and was ok. The hotel gardens are incredible with ocean view and cabins were way better then expected.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Rooms are beautifull but we paid way too much comparing with other hotels in the same street. Breakfast was not included and we had to pay too much for the laundry. Water was cold. When we told the owner she was angry on the sweet Italian guy who's working overthere. He was helpfully, but overall we had the feeling it was all about money. The owner feels like a angry schoolteacher.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Brakas
gloriagavioli, Propietario at Hotel Escape Caribeno, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Kind Sir or Madam (I didn't get who you are...),

thank you for sending us you opinion, even though I'm sorry that you've had a impression not entirely favorable of our hotel.
I'm sure, however, that the terms of your lodgement were clear from the beginning (the price per night, the breakfast that was not included, and the prices of the laundry), therefore, we didn't understand why you choose our hotel knowing others more suited for your needs.
I am really sorry for not being more kind and helpful with you when courtesy is the most important thing for us.
I hope that you understand that money isn't everything, but it's essential to cope with the operating expenses and the maintenance of a numerous personnel.
We'll try to improve our service in the future, once again thank you, my best wishes and Merry Christmas.

Gloria Gavioli, Owner and Manager.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here as part of a G Adventures tour. Rooms were clean with an in room safe. Clean shower with good shower. Bug net was provided but did have some holes so bring duct tape. Rooms had AC as well. There is a sitting area outside the room covered with a chair and hammock. Town is a few minutes away walking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sinecure_x
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were here for two nights. Very nice bungalow with a hammock on the porch for a siesta. Bird feeder attracted several good birds while we waited for our group. Spectacular courtyard garden and a very quiet setting . An easy walk to the nearby Puerto Viejo Bakery for morning coffee and delicious fresh pastry....try the bakery's French toast....to die for.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends