“Wish I could call this home.”
Review of Puerto Viejo Beach

Puerto Viejo Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: This public beach is popular with surfers.
Brooklyn, New York
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Wish I could call this home.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Good luck leaving this place! So many fall in love and never return home. Its very remote, but if thats what youre looking for, then this is the place for you. The sun burns hot non stop.

Visited May 2013

Zionsville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Paradise.....”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Popular beach, but still not crowded. Clear, beautiful water and great waves, and shade also, if you need that. Open air restaurants are close enough to get a cool drink. Stroll into town when you need a break from the sun. Wonderful area!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank tuscanchick59
Queensbury, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Private, quiet, great waves, body surfing, walk to town from my resort (Chimuri Beach). I love how the sands change from brown to black. Look out for the pirate ship... anyone know what that is?

Visited January 2014
Racine, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pura Vida”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed in Costa Rica for about 2 and a half months and the whole country has a "Pura Vida" view on life, but it was even more apparent on la playa negra-and everywhere in Puerto Viejo. The beach was very clean and the people there were very friendly. Definitely check out Bridgette's (spelling?) hostel if you plan on staying the night! It was very cheap and homey.

Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was by far one of my favorites during my honeymoon in Puerto Viejo. My wife and I stayed in a house just 300 meters away, and boy were we lucky to have this treasure of a beach be so close. A surfer's/Boogie Boarder's delight. Amazing sand, incredible waves, friendly town and out of towners, and people were just friendly and attractive. We visited the beach every single day, and we brought back nice golden tans to prove it. I stopped at the beach with the car right before we left to take in the incredible view one last time. I definitely miss it.

Visited January 2014