I was planning on staying here with two other people, one I was sharing a room with and another we had met while traveling who wanted another room. We read about this place and thought we would give it a go, it sounded nice! When we got there it looked beautiful and we were very happy! It was late at night and we were tired, so we would have been happy with anything almost, as long as we had a nice clean place! We got to the desk and there were people sitting around but no one got up to talk to us. I thought, maybe they didn't work here, but they sure did. Finally we asked if they have room and the owner begrudgingly got up and said yes. We asked to see them and another staff member took the keys and started walking to the rooms, which we assumed were for us so we followed him without any words exchanged. We speak spanish and were communicating in spanish, so it wasn't a language barrier. It was very awkward, the people I was traveling with and I didn't even talk it was that awkward. At least pretend you want our business if you're in the industry! You don't have to jump up and down for joy but some communication and warmness would make all the difference in the world! The rooms seemed decent enough, but with the bad attitude and awkward atmosphere we felt we were intruding on their lives so we left. I also noticed little rules everywhere such as no skype, etc etc and now reading reviews of this place I've read the owner is quite controlling. Do yourselves a favour, if you're planning on staying here, walk to the next block down towards the main street and turn left and on that block on the right side is Hotel Guarana! We were greeted with a warm welcome by the receptionist who happily showed us rooms, didn't demand any sort of payment, showed us the kitchen and let us settle in. You have your own little patio with a hammock and chairs and a great communal kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 14 rooms and bungalows with private bath with hot water, ventilators, hammocks, mosquito nets, television, gift shop, mosaic tiled floors all nestled in a exotic and magical garden.Our services include shared service kitchen, massage bless SPA, private parking, laundry service, security box, baggage storage, mini bar.Wi-Fi and cable T.V. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Jacaranda Puerto Viejo
- Jacaranda Hotel And Jungle Garden Costa Rica/Limon