“Happy traveler”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden
Vancouver B. C. Canada
“Happy traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

My friend and I came up on a shuttle from a stay in Bocas del Toro. Panama. We had no reservations and our driver recomended Jacaranda Hotel. They only had one room for the night,with a single and double bed. The rooms were clean and comfortable, great shower with lots of hot water and TV and good fan that kept us cool. The next day they had a cancelation so we were able to keep the room for two more nights. The lady who owns the place was great and there whenever we needed some advise etc. She and staff were great and real hard workers keeping the gardens beautiful and well manicured. It was very quiet. There are two tables isolated from the rooms, in the garden, for smokers. They also have some suites that are available for longer stays at a resonable price, which she gave us a tour of. While waiting for our shuttle to San Jose, she gave us some cold refreshments. We also enjoyed the hammock on our porch I would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 7
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Milkbot

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

This place is awsome! I have stayed here for 10 days ! The garden is gorgeous, and even a number of species (crab, raptiles) are living in the garden. The decoration is also charming and inspiring! The place is quite, as it is little bit back of the town, but also very close to everything in the town. The staff is also super duper kind, and good hearted. + even the price is cheap! It is fabulous. When I come back to Puerto Viejo, I will definitely stay here again !!! Here is no swimming pool, and no fitness facility. but don't warry. Puerto Viejo will provide you with that.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Hanjung
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

When I came to Puerto Viejo the first time for a week visit, I was directed to Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden and I've been here ever since.
In a world filled with confusion, this retreat gives you time to breathe, recuperate, and enjoy nature everywhere around you. AND..you are within walking distance of all major attractions, restaurants, swimming holes and shopping so you don't even need a car. For a low-cost, comfortable place to stay, I highly recommend Jacaranda.

Room Tip: Always stay in an inside room where it is quieter. If you don't love the sun (or do), check to s...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Cleo R
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with a friend and it was very good overall. we had a lovely room with a hammock and table and chairs for 35 USD in September. The owner was constantly around and about gardening and running the place which was nice to see.

There is a kitchwn which we didnt use´. Very close to the beach.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

As soon as I walked into Jacaranda, I felt at home. Lush gardens that extend the overall Costa Rican authenticity and balmy feel. I was referred to this hotel by a friend after staying in a much less attractive place. The prices are so reasonable and the rooms very creatively laid out with no two rooms the same.The walkways are tiled with amazing, glistening tiles so you feel like you're about to enter the City of OZ as you walk toward your room. There are areas within the garden where you can be private and talk with a friend or eat. There is also a communal kitchen for cooking. The staff is lovely and cordial, and I instantly felt I could get the inside scoop on everything going on in town, and was not disappointed. I have asthma and am very easily chilled even in the rainforest, and the staff was so accommodating, nurturing me with tea and honey and giving me an extra blanket late at night. Travelers want different amenities, but for those of us who are looking for a place that accurately reflects the culture of the country and local they are visiting, without the discomfort, I would highly recommend Jacaranda and will definitely stay there next time I visit .

Room Tip: The cabinas in the back are private and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was planning on staying here with two other people, one I was sharing a room with and another we had met while traveling who wanted another room. We read about this place and thought we would give it a go, it sounded nice! When we got there it looked beautiful and we were very happy! It was late at night and we were tired, so we would have been happy with anything almost, as long as we had a nice clean place! We got to the desk and there were people sitting around but no one got up to talk to us. I thought, maybe they didn't work here, but they sure did. Finally we asked if they have room and the owner begrudgingly got up and said yes. We asked to see them and another staff member took the keys and started walking to the rooms, which we assumed were for us so we followed him without any words exchanged. We speak spanish and were communicating in spanish, so it wasn't a language barrier. It was very awkward, the people I was traveling with and I didn't even talk it was that awkward. At least pretend you want our business if you're in the industry! You don't have to jump up and down for joy but some communication and warmness would make all the difference in the world! The rooms seemed decent enough, but with the bad attitude and awkward atmosphere we felt we were intruding on their lives so we left. I also noticed little rules everywhere such as no skype, etc etc and now reading reviews of this place I've read the owner is quite controlling. Do yourselves a favour, if you're planning on staying here, walk to the next block down towards the main street and turn left and on that block on the right side is Hotel Guarana! We were greeted with a warm welcome by the receptionist who happily showed us rooms, didn't demand any sort of payment, showed us the kitchen and let us settle in. You have your own little patio with a hammock and chairs and a great communal kitchen.

Room Tip: A room at hotel Guarana just down the road!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
CabinasJacaranda, Manager at Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of all of us here at Cabinas Jacaranda. It is always our intention to treat ALL OF OUR GUESTS with the utmost courtesy and so, I would like to say that – YES – I am not the friendliest person in the world – and even if it has nothing to do with you, or any other guest in particular, it is for this reason alone that I surround myself with a staff that can better interact with the public. I find that since my strengths are more with regards to cleanliness, décor, the gardens, security, etc. – and that my weaknesses are – well – “dealing with the public” I generally DO NOT interact with guests. On the day that you arrived, even though I employ 2 full time managers – they both – were not available to work that day – which left me in charge of the front desk – which is where I should not ever be. I do appreciate your honest commentary regarding the grounds and the overall look of our facility and as you can see from many other reviews, I generally am not interacting with the guests. Please then accept my most sincere apologies and do hope that maybe in the future you could give us a second chance.
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

the place is very clean and nice the beds were comfy. However i found the owner or the lady at the front desk (indian looking lady) to be a little grumpy and moody, thats a big CON, also there is no tv and only one fan

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends