Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$77
US$220
US$154
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$111
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$66
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$99
Umami Hotel(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$129
US$125
Travelocity
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$71
Travelocity
Hotel Yare(Cocles)
US$57
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe ownerhot waterquiet hourspuerto viejomosquito netstayed here for nightshome away from homeenjoyed my staybeautiful hotela great place to stayceiling fanveratownfanskeyporchparadise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My friend and I came up on a shuttle from a stay in Bocas del Toro. Panama. We had no reservations and our driver recomended Jacaranda Hotel. They only had one room for the night,with a single and double bed. The rooms were clean and comfortable, great shower with lots of hot water and TV and good fan that kept us cool. The next day they had a cancelation so we were able to keep the room for two more nights. The lady who owns the place was great and there whenever we needed some advise etc. She and staff were great and real hard workers keeping the gardens beautiful and well manicured. It was very quiet. There are two tables isolated from the rooms, in the garden, for smokers. They also have some suites that are available for longer stays at a resonable price, which she gave us a tour of. While waiting for our shuttle to San Jose, she gave us some cold refreshments. We also enjoyed the hammock on our porch I would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 7
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Milkbot
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This place is awsome! I have stayed here for 10 days ! The garden is gorgeous, and even a number of species (crab, raptiles) are living in the garden. The decoration is also charming and inspiring! The place is quite, as it is little bit back of the town, but also very close to everything in the town. The staff is also super duper kind, and good hearted. + even the price is cheap! It is fabulous. When I come back to Puerto Viejo, I will definitely stay here again !!! Here is no swimming pool, and no fitness facility. but don't warry. Puerto Viejo will provide you with that.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Hanjung
Reviewed 11 November 2012

When I came to Puerto Viejo the first time for a week visit, I was directed to Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden and I've been here ever since.
In a world filled with confusion, this retreat gives you time to breathe, recuperate, and enjoy nature everywhere around you. AND..you are within walking distance of all major attractions, restaurants, swimming holes and shopping so you don't even need a car. For a low-cost, comfortable place to stay, I highly recommend Jacaranda.

Room Tip: Always stay in an inside room where it is quieter. If you don't love the sun (or do), check to see how much you get a day--a dark unit can be very depressing (or relaxing for some). And remember to always lock your room and be aware of your purse or belongings. That advice is true all over the world.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Cleo R
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with a friend and it was very good overall. we had a lovely room with a hammock and table and chairs for 35 USD in September. The owner was constantly around and about gardening and running the place which was nice to see.

There is a kitchwn which we didnt use´. Very close to the beach.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2012

As soon as I walked into Jacaranda, I felt at home. Lush gardens that extend the overall Costa Rican authenticity and balmy feel. I was referred to this hotel by a friend after staying in a much less attractive place. The prices are so reasonable and the rooms very creatively laid out with no two rooms the same.The walkways are tiled with amazing, glistening tiles so you feel like you're about to enter the City of OZ as you walk toward your room. There are areas within the garden where you can be private and talk with a friend or eat. There is also a communal kitchen for cooking. The staff is lovely and cordial, and I instantly felt I could get the inside scoop on everything going on in town, and was not disappointed. I have asthma and am very easily chilled even in the rainforest, and the staff was so accommodating, nurturing me with tea and honey and giving me an extra blanket late at night. Travelers want different amenities, but for those of us who are looking for a place that accurately reflects the culture of the country and local they are visiting, without the discomfort, I would highly recommend Jacaranda and will definitely stay there next time I visit .

Room Tip: The cabinas in the back are private and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo