“Literally got food poisoning, mixed with rude unfriendly staff”
Review of El Dorado Grill - CLOSED

El Dorado Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 1 June 2013

So, I know when travelling, food poisoning can happen, especially when eating sea food. No big deal, even though it was THE WORST I have ever had. But, considering the service was the worst in Costa Rica that we have seen, then it kinda of leave a bad taste in your mouth, literally and figuratively! With all the possible restaurants in the PV area, please do not pick this one. When we walked in, we sat ourselves, and then after the young girl walked by several times without acknowledging us, I finally specifically moved so I could make eye contact with her, and she finally acknowledged us and took our order. I order Sopa de Mariscos, and my husband got flounder....both not very good at all, and strangely enough, the flounder was definitely frozen. After reading the other reviews, I now wish I had before going there. Oh well, lesson learned, stomach a little bit stronger!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

It looks like a nice place at first, even when we saw the menu, we thought it must be good, because of the prices($$$) were higher than usual, but it was a big mistake, they took for ever to bring the food, dishes were small and when we try to pay the refused to accept debit or debit card just because they were trying to avoid taxes, unbelivable... when we finaly raised the money we asked for our sales check. The cashier insulted us thinking we wouldn´t understand.... that is so not the way to have a business... don´t ever go there...

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Service was awful, food was tasteless and small for the price.
At the end they won't let us pay with credit card if we split the bill (against the law and unprevented before we ordered). When we complain in a polite way, the waiter was very rude and even insulting. He made comments in English with other costumers thinking that we wouldn't understand. Beware of this place!!

1  Thank Jose A
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Location is good. Food was just ok. I ordered casado con pollo. The piece of chicken looked like its been cooking in a pot for hours. There was no taste except the sauce. My husband had a burger and tasted like frozen patty (that was kind of his fault cuz who wants to have burgers when you're by the beach?)
Atmosphere was good though.

Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

With plenty of dishes to choose from, this place is great if you want veggans and kids for a good meal. Service was superb; great atmosphere; good food in quality, flavor and taste. Avg price per person US$ 10 without licor. Great capuccinos and expresso. A must in Puerto Viejo.