“Paradise in Costa Rica”

Hotel Boutique Indalo
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel in June 2013 and I had a wonderful experience. Right from check in, I knew I would love this place. The owners are great, they gave me a very warm welcome and helped me with all sorts of information about the area and the amazing things that you can do in Puerto Viejo.
I travelled alone and I loved the big room, very clean and comfortable. I ended up having breakfast at the hotel everyday because it was delicious, thanks chef Carlos!
Overall it was a wonderful stay and a wonderful hotel - highly recommend staying here - especially since it is such great value for money. I'm definitely coming back in december for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Carolina P

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Vincent and his family were very happy to help in anyway possible. The rooms were some of the best we have stayed in, although basic they were clean and felt homely! Some screens on the windows would be helpful with Mosquitos etc and also a shower curtain for the shower, al though the water going everywhere didn't really bother us, just a suggestion :-) add a tv for those rainy days when there isn't a lot to do and this would be perfect! Hopefully it doesn't always stay a dirt road that it is located on. Would happily stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed one night at Hotel Indalo in April 2013.

The place is near the beach and the main street where we booked the "Tortuguero 1 night tour" from Terraventuras for the next morning.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had the pleasure to stay in indlo for two weeks. There is a lot of good things to say about Puerto Viejo, and staying in Indalo is the best of them all. The owners, and their cute dog, are amazing hosts, with their good vibes they create a tranquil atmosphere and welcoming feeling.
The room itself is so beautiful! with urban-modern design but in the middle of nature, surrounded by jungle trees and sounds of monkeys and birds.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

The staff decided to move us to other room, while we were out, and moved all of our belongings without any permission.
In addition, they haven't told us that it is not possible to pay with credit card, and we had to run to the ATM, while the taxi waited for us.
We don't recommend to eat a breakfast in the hotel. You can eat a delicious one in any other restaurant, and it will cost you the same.
Very unprofessional!

4  Thank Alon V
Cristina C, Owner at Hotel Boutique Indalo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

First of all, I´m so sorry that you didnt feel comfortable in our hotel. About the credit card payment, I didnt tell you in advance that we have not the machine because your reservation was throw booking.com and they give all the payment info, where is written that we have not credit card machine. About the breakfast, normally all the people like it a lot, and used to find a great value! Again sorry and we still working to improve The Hotel Boutique Indalo.

Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Hotel Indalo is located in a quiet and peaceful part of Puerto Viejo only 5 minutes walk to the busy restaurant and bar district. The rooms are simple, spacious and clean. Cristina and Carlos are very helpful and provide an excellent breakfast at an affordable price. I really enjoyed my time at this hotel as it offered the perfect place to relax after a day of exploring or a big night out on the town. I recommend you adopt an old push bike as your primary form of transport. We hired one from the bike shop down the road for 4 dollars a day. I miss this place already which may have something to do with Leo, Hotel Indalo's resident puppy/heart stealer.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you very much!!! We have enjoy a lot with you this days!!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

A great hotel located a short walk from the Main Street of Puerto Viejo. Six simple clean rooms all opening onto a court yard backing on to the jungle. A fresh and simple, made to order breakfast was a great way to start the day before exploring the many places of interest in close proximity to this hotel. Our hosts, Christina and Carlos were very hospitable, helpful and friendly with any of the guests needs. I would recommend Hotel Indalo to anyone visiting Puerto Viejo in a heat beat.... I can't forget about Leo, the resident puppy. I will miss you Leo, don't forget about me....

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends