My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon in Costa Rica.
We went on the 3 nights 4 days adventure package and had a brilliant time! The tree house is a wonderfully unusual place to stay with all but one bedroom being open to the rainforest. Very eco friendly, but then most of the places we stayed in CR were. There were simple but adequate cooking facilities, clean bathrooms and one of the bedrooms was closed off from the outside world for those of us who aren't lovers of creepy crawlies.
The beach is a 5 minute walk away. A small number of food shops and restaurants are within waking distance, for anything more we needed a taxi.
Only small complaint was lack of information regarding the adventure activities that were part of the package deal (eg, we went on a trip to a waterfall and weren't told that we'd be swimming there so hadn't brought bathing suits, not the end of the world as our clothes dried pretty quickly) and the activities weren't the ones that had been on the website when we booked.
Last little hiccup was that the coach to take us back to San Jose had forgotten to pick us up (through no fault of the tree house). Most annoying was that we couldn''t get in touch with anyone to sort it out for one hour, when the bus had to turn around to fetch us (other passengers were understably a bit annoyed...).
But all in all, an excellent experience that I would thoroughly recommend.
(ps bring mosquito repellant and a torch!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only tree house right on the beach of the southern Caribbean of Costa Rica. This is your best nature hotel and romantic hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Tree House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tree House Lodge Costa Rica/Limon