just want to start by saying i am a well experienced traveller, especially in latin america, and the caribbean. i have stayed in many "eco friendly" hotels. bottom line is that the tree house lodge should reconsider there prices! the beach was nice, and the owners were friendly, but when you are charging $300/night... a few more amenities would have been nice. the other hotel i stayed at down the road was called le cameleon , and by all means is a complete different atmosphere than the tree house lodge almost like a miami beach hotel compared to a japanese pow camp in ww2. le cameleon had a great breakfast with many options included daily, a pool, beach club, bar/ restaurant , and the rooms were very clean with no bugs or mildew on the sheets. the kicker is that it is almost half of what they charge at the tree house. so if you want to be an uncomfortable and "green,"and also have the green to waste... so be it, pura vida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only tree house right on the beach of the southern Caribbean of Costa Rica. This is your best nature hotel and romantic hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Tree House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tree House Lodge Costa Rica/Limon