“Beautiful, peaceful, like home”
Review of Miraflores Lodge

Miraflores Lodge
San Martin de los Andes, Argentina
“Beautiful, peaceful, like home”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The place is just beautiful, the serive is great, Pam is sooooo kind, we loved her.The food is so good. Beds are super confortable, and the view is amazing, you can get a direct view from the jungle throught the window. Katrina and Pau.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
cambridge
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Being there in March was ideal. I had no rain and the beach just down the road was lovely. The Lodge is definitely rustic and casual and that's precisely what I was hoping for. If you want the Westin, stay elsewhere. I loved my second floor room with the shower outside on the balcony. The food is scrumptious and the staff is warm and friendly. Pamela, the owner, is a wealth of knowledge about the flora and fauna of the area and the country. She even knows a Bri Bri healer who will diagnose your health issues and recommend treatment for 20 bucks. Makes for a truly unique experience!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank remarkable7
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2011

We didn't stay here but we kept coming back for the fish tacos. Surprisingly, it was hard to find fish tacos in the beach towns, and even when we did, they weren't very good. But the fish tacos that Pamela makes at Miraflores were heavenly. They are buttery, juicy, perfectly seasoned, and come with a side of scrumptious yucca puree. All the natural squeezed juices are delicious, not to mention breakfasts and the effortless smooth costa rican coffee. Once you order food, there is complimentary wifi which is a treat in the are around puerto viejo. Miraflores lodge has a true eco-lodge sensibility- with locally grown organic foods, an emphasis on hiring local workers, and a long invested history in collaboration with indigenous communities for a sustainable business.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We went to costa rica looking for an adventure and to learn more about the wildlife of Costa Rica. We have three boys ages 9-13 and this tree house hotel was fantastic for our needs.We didnt want to stay in a five star hotel as we wanted to be as close to the jungle as possible. For our boys, being able to view sloths from their beds and to hear howler monkies as a wake up call was fantastic. Mosquito nets added to the adventure and showers that opened to a jungle view made showering a fun experience.The lodge owner, Pamela could not have been more helpfull or kind and has a wealth of knowledge about Costa Rica, wildlife and ecology. We loved staying here and hope to return one day soon.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2010

A lady at the beach told me about Mira Flores so i popped in on my ride back to my Hotel. The lunch I had was delicios, a chicken speciality I am told. But what really made my meal was the owner Pamela who has lived there for 20 years. She was an absolute delight and full of information on the local area. With a kind heart and generou8s spirit she shared herself and her beliefs in ecology and sustainability. I am planning on staying for 4 weeks in Puerto Viejo in the future and it is at Mira Flores and with Pamela that I will be staying.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Just by luck I came to stay at Miraflores. The two weeks I spent there were really great.
The owner, Pamala, has had the place more many years and knows everything about the area. The food was great and she did everything to make me comfortable.

i would recommend Miraflores, without hesitation. to anyone who wants the real feel
of the area at a great price. For those who want to feel like they never left home, perhaps
the Marriott or Hilton on the Pacific coast would be a better choice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 6 September 2010

My boyfriend and I didn't stay at Miraflores, but we had the pleasure of eating there...and spending time with Pamela (the owner). I will say that Narcissa (sp?) made us one of my favorite meals in Costa Rica. The food was excellent, the setting was truly magnificent, and the company was wonderful. We left feeling like we had a better sense of where we were visiting, and felt like we could go back to Miraflores and be welcomed like family.

We were both sad to hear that Pamela is trying to sell the place (the call of grandchildren is loud it seems), so we hope whoever buys this gem keeps up the welcoming tradition, style and grace.

In the meantime, if you're riding your bike by Miraflores and don't happen to be staying there...go in...order some ceviche, guacamole and fish with rice and beans. Yes, the dishes are simple in nature, but capture the essence of Costa Rica. And, be sure to say hello to Pamela. Meeting her was a pleasure.

We will certainly go back on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple