I stayed at Kaya's Place for three nights on a tour with gAdventures. The location is brilliant, right across from Playa Negro, a beautiful beach. The hotel itself is has a nice Caribbean flair, but is very rustic and quite basic. I was luckiest of all our group, as I got a two bedroom bungalow by myself. But it was at the very back of the property, so I did not feel safe as a single lady alone out there. Plus I had to walk through a dark garden to get to my bungalow. The bungalow itself was spacious with a kitchen, but it did not feel very clean, which probably had to do with the fact that it did not have sealed glass windows and you were close to nature at all times. So there were quite a few bugs and mosquitoes in the place. Breakfast was not included and Wifi only worked in the lobby area for me. WhatI need to point out is that the staff were amazingly helpful and friendly, specially Rachel! The staff and the fact that I like the vibe in Puerto Viejo made my stay a great experience, not the hotel itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Door is Always Open at Kaya's Place... Kaya's Place is a 26 room lodge on the stunning Black Beach in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica. Built in the Afro-Caribbean "Rustico" style, the hotel is artistic and unique. Local woods and materials have been used in their natural state, making each room different and beautiful. Every space you encounter will be a pleasurable experience. The sound of the waves is always in the background, soothing and tranquil, guaranteed to take you away from the stress of everyday life. Inside the hotel, you will find many places to relax. The reception area is more like a living room, with a gigantic sofa, television, people to chat with and view of the ocean. The large deck upstairs has a wonderful ocean view with hammocks and sofas - perfect for reading or taking a siesta. In the back, gardens line the walkway, filled with local plants and flowers. A covered sitting area in the garden offers another opportunity to meet and enjoy the company of others while you stay with us. Our restaurant is spacious and open with view of the ocean and a small creek with fish, water lilies, crab and other water life. Located in Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean Coast, the area is blessed with natural beauty in the form of dense jungle with impressive flora and fauna and some of the world's most beautiful beaches. Kaya's Place is part of the growing eco-tourism industry that supports the preservation of almost 2 million square meters of primary rainforest. Taxes from this industry support the many national reserves and efforts to maintain the natural resources. We are dedicated to preserving these resources while sharing it with all the people that come to know this amazingly beautiful part of Costa Rica. Our recent renovation of Kaya's Place was completed with the same philosophy. No lumber or materials were taken from the primary rainforest. Much was recycled wood or dead fall from local farms and lumber that had washed up from the ocean and rivers. With these natural and renewable materials, we achieved a unique character with rustic and artistic designs. Also all the walls are painted by hand, with many details and awesome drawings. BE OUR ECO-GUEST Our Door is Always Open at Kaya's Place - We Hope to See You Soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Kaya's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaya`s Place Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Kaya's Place Costa Rica/Limon