Hotel Banana Azul
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$77
US$220
US$154
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$111
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$73
Priceline
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$99
Umami Hotel(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
US$129
US$125
Travelocity
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$71
Travelocity
Hotel Yare(Cocles)
US$57
  • Restaurant
Hotel Shawandha Lodge(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,595 results
All reviewshowler suiteocean roomthe red frog roomfun tourscosta ricakoi pondin towntour desklarge balconyour honeymoondogs and catssan josebrowniewalk along the beachopen airpura vidalounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I spent the first 3 nights of our Honeymoon in Costa Rica at Banana Azul, and we loved it. When we inquired about staying at Banana Azul, the owner even hooked us up with Gecko Trail Adventures to arrange for transportation from San Jose (a drive that took about 4.5 hours). We stayed in the Red Frog suite that has a lovely private back patio with a lounge pool, a great rain head shower in the open air bathroom and a very comfortable queen bed and A/C which is 100% necessary in Costa Rica. We were even treated to chocolates and a bottle of wine upon our arrival with a congratulations card! The beach club is awesome, bar and food service right on the ocean & reasonably priced massages!!!! The hotel staff was over all very friendly, one fella even pointed out 2 sloths hanging out in the gardens and a snake in a tree!! We really enjoyed our stay at Banana Azul with only one bit of advice, the little town of Puerto Viejo has some really awesome places to eat lunch and dinner, definitely more bang for your buck in town as far as food goes!! Would definitely stay here again & will recommend to anyone visiting this area of the country!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs-Wright1107
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I recently stayed 12 days at Banana Azul. This resort is amazing. Stunning grounds. Tucked just into the jungle enough to provide a great feel and cool gentle breezes. The service was top notch, friendly and attentive but not overbearing. I slept every night with my french doors to the outside wide open and enjoyed the sounds of the jungle and the ocean waves which are only a few steps away. The beach is stunning and goes forever here. Of course the Caribbean Ocean is such a great location. Food here is awesome and very affordable as is the resort itself. I would definitely recommend this resort if you are planning a trip to the Caribbean side of Costa Rica.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank 704gknox
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I currently live in Costa Rica and met a friend traveling on the Caribbean side. I highly recommend hotel Banana Azul. It has everything. Palapas and hammocks right on the beach, a swimming pool, delicious food and good cocktails. The rooms are beautiful with nice details. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the owner makes an effort to chat with the guests. I also recommend getting a massage on the beach by Louis and enjoying Caribbean dinner night. My friend and I enjoyed our mini vacation here very much. For me, it was worth the splurge!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ErinWanders
Reviewed 30 May 2014

On our cross country adventure we only spent two short days at Banana Azul but it felt like an eternity. The whole property is like a vivid dream on the water. The room was amazing with a Galley that was as large as the sleeping quarters. We lay in the hammock watching the waves and then walked down to the restaurant for amazing lunch and dinner. On the beach (which is literally twelve steps from the hotel) we joined other patrons to watch the sunrise and then the sunset. The staff was superfun and we even met one of the owners who was kind enough to stop by our table and say hello. LOVED IT!

Room Tip: I don't know how there could be a bad room here!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Costa Rica for the first time a few weeks ago. After much deliberation we decided to venture to the Caribbean side of the country and chose Banana Azul as our home for the week. The grounds at Banana Azul are absolutely stunning. No matter where you are on the property you are surrounded by natural beauty.

We had an ocean view room which was decorated in a very minimalistic manner, but since we didn't spend much time in the rooms we didn't mind. Our room didn't have AC, but did offer two fans and a great ocean breeze. There were a couple times AC would have been nice; however, not having it was never a big issue and added to the jungle feel. There are rooms on the property that did offer AC, but with the fantastic breeze it isn't really necessary.

Breakfast is included in the cost of the room which is an added bonus. Their fresh juice was some of the best I had ever had. The food is good, but not the most memorable aspect of our stay at Banana Azul. Town is about a 20-25 minute walk away (5-10 minute cab ride) and definitely worth exploring. It is not recommended to walk around at night but friendly folk at the reception desk are more than willing to call you a cab.

Thank you Colin and the rest of the staff at Banana Azul for the wonderful hospitality! My boyfriend and I are already dreaming about our next trip to Banana Azul and Puerto Viejo!

Stayed: May 2014