I am stumped by the other reviews. This place is my definition of hell.
Our bathroom was filthy with mould and hair on the complimentary soap. The shower and bathroom was very damp. I understand we are in the jungle but we stayed 2 weeks in this area and this is the only hotel where we had an issue.
The mosquito net had holes in it, the window screens were unsealed to up to 3cm and there was a gap between one of the outdoor walls and the roof which means we woke up every morning eaten up by mosquitoes and with bugs inside the mosquito net. This is not surprising as there was a lot of stagnating water outside our accommodation. I hope they will use the low season to fix this but I doubt it as the hotel is not managed by the owners anymore.
Maureen and Jake were very nice and did their best to make us enjoy our stay however, they do not know the region and do not speak spanish although they have been here for a few months and cannot recommend you places or help you book tours. I can see from more recent reviews that they seem to know the area now. At last!
The accommodations are also very close to loud local neighbours that were putting the radio at max volume from 7 AM.
I guess that the land around the hotel is a dream and so are the beaches but this place is not homely and really makes you feel like a tourist. I can recommend two other places in this area:
Korrigan lodge is amazing and a bit further away in Cahuita Coral Hills Bungalows is a very homely place.
I hesitated to write this negative review considering the very nasty reply from the owners of the last negative review back in March...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine your exploration of the raw beauty of Costa Rica with a vacation that will suffuse your whole being with health and wellness. Tierra de Suenos Lodge is the only Wellness Center on the pristine Caribean Coast offering a traditional and holistic approach to health. With a diverse staff of holistic healers offering everything from healing with raw foods, reiki, massage , yoga and meditation, and a luxurious infrared sauna, you can spend your vacation reconnecting with your inner oneness and surrounded by the beauty of the jungle. Your Costa Rican Wellness Center offers cozy hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine beaches of Playa Chiquita and spectacular rainforest. Paradise awaits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tierra de Suenos Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra De Suenos Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tierra De Suenos Lodge Costa Rica/Limon