“perfect lunch”

La Casita Azul
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: "La casita azul", a restaurant where you can enjoy the authentic Spanish food in the Caribbean. Thanks to Don Inocencio's expertice, our "Manchego's Chef" and to the use of imported raw materials, we can offer a delicious range of "tapas" and plates from different Spanish regions in a unique environment. You can taste, among others, more than 10 different types of paella all freshly prepared: Lobster, Seafood, Mixed, Chicken, Vegetable, Soupy rice, Black rice (with squid ink), Fideua (Seafood noodles), etc and also: Octopus "Galician style"; Pisto Manchego; Piquillo peppers stuffed with serrano ham; Iberian ham; Cheeseplatter; Gazpacho Andaluz and much more. Hope to see you ...
Charleston, South Carolina
“perfect lunch”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch and the owners were very accommodating of our large group. The menu had lots of variety for everyone including 4 kids. Everyone thought the food was wonderful. I shared the appetizer sampler with my friend and it was fantastic getting to sample many different items. The croquettes and gazpacho soup were two of my favorites. This has become one of my favorite restaurants.

2 Thank LTT6543

Brescia, Italy
“Best restaurant in the Carribe”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed 3 months in the carribe area. I tried a lot of restaurant, but this one is the best one! i went twice and everytime the dinner was delicious and the owners fantastic! and the restaurant is beautiful, especially in the night. Try it and you'll have an Amazing dinner!

Pensacola, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of The Two Best in Puerto Viejo!!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I dropped into La Casita Azul one evening for dinner. We visit Puerto Viejo often as we just bought a house there and are always looking for good restaurants. There are many decent places to eat here, but most are just typical food - tourist quality. That was not a compliment! LOL. Jorge, the owner sat us when we came in. After looking over the menu Jorge suggested a couple of appetizers and we agreed to try them. Oh, my God!!! Talk about excellent! I talk speak Spanish so remembering the names are difficult for me, but one was a stuffed red bell pepper that was to die for and the other was homemade bread sticks with different sauces to dip them in. For dinner my wife had a sausage and potato dish and I had the paella. Again, to die for! To put it mildly, La Casita Azul is a restaurant that you must visit if in the area. Jorge is wonderful, very pleasant, very helpful and the restaurant is EXCELLENT!!!!!! Go visit them!

Milan, Italy
“Che carino...”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We was riding bikes every day! Often we went in Cocles for a swim or just spend the day. We found the Casita Azul through to them 'side of the access road that leads to the beach.

The place is very nice, not far from Puerto Viejo.

They prepare the food delicious, but the meat Spanish omelette (similar to farming omelette), and various foods made ​​from different cooked or not-cooked vegetables, very good! Batidi and fruit was excellent, as well as salads.

The place is very nice also for how it is made, all wood, azure, with balconies in white. Sofas, books, vinyls, some picture ... Very friendly staff also.

We stopped at the casita every time we went down to the beach in Cocles! Also just for a coffee!

• Visited April 2014
Denver, Colorado
“An escape from all the rest”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I loved loved loved this newly opened place. Cannot even compare to all the other restaurants here. The cozy atmosphere with the most delicious steak kabobs...even difficult to find in the US this tasty and affordable. I'm headed back to for the paella with special imported rice from Spain . They take care of every detail . It feels better than home:).

• Visited May 2014