This was a great place to experience Puerto Viejo. Andrew was an amazing host. Incredibly responsive to our requests. He was always proactively finding new ways to delight us whether by touring us around the property to point out the interesting plants and have us try tropical fruits, hunting for sloths, or stocking up his bar. The kids loved the little pool on the property. Our cabana was very spacious and I was surprised to find it included a full kitchen. We had planned to head up to Cahuita for a hike, but did not bother since all the wildlife we had hoped to see we could see from our lodging. Frequently visited by a troop of howler monkeys that hung out in the trees at the edge of the property (Those guys are loud!) So we had all the amazing experiences of living in the jungle, but once we stepped out of our secure compound we were just one block from town. Quite a special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cashew Hill is an out of the ordinary place, just minutes by foot, from the center of Puerto Viejo. Walk up the path by the soccer field and find a sanctuary like no other. Glorious gardens with tropical plants of every type, birds of every color, butterflies, sloths, kinkajous, ocean views, ocean breezes and... Cozy cottages, designed with comfort and harmony in mind, await you. Cashew Hill has seven cottages designed with fully equipped kitchens, sleeping rooms, living areas... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Costa Rica/Limon