We had to stop ourselves from writing a positive review before we even got to Cashew Hill, as Sue and her family very graciously accommodated a date change caused by our airline. When we got there Sue welcomed us with a hug and gave us a bottle of wine and recommended a great vegan restaurant for us to have dinner at. The (very new) owners are friendly and have great spirit.
The cabins are clean and spacious -- you're incredibly close to town and the beach, and it's convenient to have a kitchen, even if you're eating out a lot (we went with the intention of cooking but there were so many great vegan options we mostly ate out except for breakfast and some lunches.) The pool is wonderful, and the pace of life perfect for unwinding.
I can't recommend Cashew Hill enough, and I'm sure it will get even more incredible as the new owners get more and more used to Puerto Viejo and the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cashew Hill is an out of the ordinary place, just minutes by foot, from the center of Puerto Viejo. Walk up the path by the soccer field and find a sanctuary like no other. Glorious gardens with tropical plants of every type, birds of every color, butterflies, sloths, kinkajous, ocean views, ocean breezes and... Cozy cottages, designed with comfort and harmony in mind, await you. Cashew Hill has seven cottages designed with fully equipped kitchens, sleeping rooms, living areas... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Costa Rica/Limon