“Beautifully designed Villas hidden in rain-forest...”
other travellers have booked this property
DINNING_ROOM OTHERS
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
DINNING_ROOM
OTHERS
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
jack u
“Beautifully designed Villas hidden in rain-forest gardens!”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We rented both of the Villas in Annanci Village and was blown away by the attention to details throughout the property! The Villas are designed to stay cool when the day is heating up and has a beautiful decked area with hammocks and wooden chairs to relax and watch the toucans flying through!

I loved the mix of luxury within the beautifully kept tropical gardens. Kean (the owner) lives on property but his house is tucked away and allows you plenty of privacy to cook and relax at the pool - but at the same time was available when I needed to pick his brain about local info.

I did have lots of activities planned being only a short drive to jaguar rescue centre - Punta Uva beach and Manzanillo national park but in reality we were all so happy relaxing in the villa and watching the wildlife fly by we barely left!

I live in Costa Rica and love to visit the Caribbean. I will 100% be returning to this property when I have some family or friends visiting who want a special Villa experience!

Pura Vida

Jack

Your age range 25-34
Management Response
24 May 2017
Thank you! We are so pleased that you loved our villas and gardens. It was our pleasure to host you...we look forward to having you back.
NautiGalS...
“Amazing”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We rented both villas for my birthday (two couples). Both Villas were amazing. Both couples could've been comfortable in one villa but we wanted the entire place to ourselves. The kitchen is perfect if you decide to cook. The bathrooms are spacious and luxurious. This was our second trip to Puerto Viejo and by far the best. The location is perfect. Some days we found it hard to leave the pool. Kean is a wonderful host with plenty of information and great recommendations.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
3 Oct 2016
It was great having you guys here! I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday treat!
katie i
“Superb facilities & loads to do”
Reviewed 8 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

As all the previous reviewers have mentioned the facilities at annanci village are superb and the setting idyllic; the pictures are great but they don't do it justice. We have just finished a 5 day stay here with one of our daughters (aged 18). There is plenty to do in the area - for us the highlights were our visit to the jaguar rescue centre (baby sloths, monkeys amongst others) which exists to reintroduce animals to the wild - and a night hike in the rainforest; we saw an anteater, an eyelash pit viper and loads of frogs amongst others!
There are plenty of other options... the local beach is nearby, surfing, zip lining, chocolate tours. Lots to do. Or maybe just take it easy on the terrace, lounge by the pool and watch the toucans. Pura vida!

Nicole B
“Gem in the Jungle”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Way more than expected!

Accommodations are 5 star modern vacation rental with clean lines, stainless steel major appliances, all you need to prepare your own food. Nothing is nasty,yucky or mildew smelly. If you are a city person yet,want to have the solitude and relaxation of the jungle, best surfing , delicious restaurants from owners bringing their specialized cuisine practically from all over the world , small town feel. Annanci Village offers all that and more. Did I mention the owners Kean and Bubba are magnificent hosts they make you feel at home, yet they are unobtrusive? Yes, the pool so clean and big, which Kean personally tends to.

Mosquitos , I guess are present, but to be in the middle of a rainforest I thought it would be unbearable. Never bit once on the property, it,was not a problem.

Sleeping: air conditioner in bedrooms and ceiling fans all throughout the villa. New, crisp linens and comfy beds. Wake to the pleasant sounds of the multitude of birds.

This is a gem, in the jungle.

Tinita201...
North Chicago, Illinois
“Pura Vida Paradise”
Reviewed 30 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Oh my god!!! I have never been to a place so private, tranquil and magnificent! I've traveled all over the world and Casa Medina at Annanci Village is a respite for the soul. The place is immaculate and beautifully designed from the panoramic views that integrate the villa seamlessly into the jungle to the heavenly rain shower heads. There is air conditioning, a lovely pool, full kitchen, hammocks, and views to DIE for. We saw interesting wildlife like cute dart frogs and howler monkeys in the distance. The villa is close to many great restaurants and activities and most of all, minutes from beautiful beaches, both white and black sand! The people in Puerto Viejo/Cocles were friendly and we felt very connected to the rich culture and diversity. The owners, Bubba and Kean, are welcoming, kind, funny, and so incredibly helpful. They speak both Spanish and English. We will be back and I will probably try to move into the villa if they aren't careful! They treated us too well! Annanci Village allows you to unplug and spend some much needed time in paradise. I miss it already and can't wait to return!!! Pura Vida!!

Dorothy L
Chicago, Illinois
“JUNGLE LOVE”
Reviewed 28 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I just returned from an amazing Costa Rican trip. Making the most out of my short 8 day vacation allowance was essential to me as I don’t get the opportunity to travel internationally very often. This was my second trip to Puerto Viejo. I fell in love with the laid back culture of the quaint little Caribbean town, when I was there last year and decided to return this year with my coveted eight vacation days.

This year I stayed at Annanci Village in Cocles and this private luxury resort exceeded my expectations. The remote location and natural beauty were beyond compare. Casa Medina, the two bedroom, two bath luxury villa that I stayed in is perfectly located, within walking distance to the awe inspiring beaches, charming shops and restaurants, but is brilliantly positioned far enough away from the main road to feel like a true sanctuary under an incredible jungle canopy.

Annanci's Casa Medina is beautifully appointed and includes an upscale fully equipped kitchen, breakfast bar and semi-formal dining area. Each bedroom has its own king size bed and modern bathroom with marble floors and designer finishes. The bedrooms have spacious closets, ceiling fans, air conditioning and satellite television. However, my favorite part of this gorgeous villa is the wrap around deck overlooking the lush property and the inviting swimming pool.

In addition to its perfect jungle setting, my biggest take away from this oasis was the kindness and enthusiasm of the property owners, a gracious husband and wife couple, whose attention to their guests is unparalleled. I can’t wait to return to Annanci Village with my family so that they can revel in the creature comforts, while surrounded by the creatures of nature. It is the total jungle experience in the lap of luxury.

MarcosPiz...
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Perfection to a tee”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

A real jewel of a place! The house is beautifully detailed and in one word perfect. From your hammock on the big great terras you can view the lush surroundings, really tall trees, the beautiful garden with lots of different flowers and plants, lots of birds among which a variety of tucans and migrating birds, howler monkeys and the magnificent pool. Just wishing we could had stayed longer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing