“Lage gut +ruhig, Zimmer armselig, Schuhe geklaut”
Review of Miss Miriam 2

Miss Miriam 2
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Tortuguero
Berlin, Germany
“Lage gut +ruhig, Zimmer armselig, Schuhe geklaut”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Nice terrace with ocean view
Poor rooms:
-- wall of our rooms where painted in dark green: you cannot spot and hunt mosquitos and the atmosphere is "dark", but other rooms have other colours
-No room service although the toilet paper is not supposed to be flushed in the toilet and although sand everywhere.
- Dust bin only in the toilet
-No table, no chair, no wardrobe
- climatisation was leaking so I found my bag in a lot of water the next morning
My outdoor sandals were stolen from in front of the room although the hotel has a a night watch
You can't get to the breakfast room during rain without getting wet
There is a fridge on the terrasse where you can store your food for free
I was allowed to use the hotel phone for free
Breakfast was mediocre
free rubber boots, but one of my boots had a hole

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank denfeld

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My kids (6,10,12) and I stayed at this hotel. The price was good ($40), the room was very clean, we had free WiFi (spotty at times), our room had a bathroom and the hotel was located just a short walk to the beach. The owner was friendly and available. He even helped us get our bags to and from the "town dock". My only advice to anyone going is to get a room on the second floor. We, like another reviewer, also found a couple of big roaches in our room but they didn't live in the room, they were slipping in under the door at night. Also, the room next to us had mildew all along the bottom of the walls- again, a result of being on the bottom floor, where things are damper. Finally- despite the fan in our room, it was pretty warm at night- no breeze on this floor. Overall, it was a good value- I think had we been on another floor I would have definitely rated it higher.

Room Tip: request a room on the second floor and maybe splurge on a room with A/C.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Estela S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Decent value rooms, hot water and free wifi. Good location near the beach and only a few minutes walk to the village. Breakfast is not included but for $5 you get a big fruit plate and eggs and bread. Bring rain gear as it can be very rainy in Tortuguero

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank travla67
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The hotel is simple, but right beside a nice beach. The owners are very layed back, lovely people who will make sure you feel comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Nischu
spain
Reviewed 3 June 2012

just before going for dinner, I sprayed mosquitoe spray all around the room. one hour later on my return the room was COVERED in dead giant coackroaches!!!
basic rooms, you can see the sea a bit from some rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank markr27
Santo Domingo de Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Miss Miriam 2 is a comfortable place to stay. I had a room on the second floor with a private bathroom and fan for $20 per night. There's also wireless throughout the hostal and nice common areas. It gets really hot during the day to be on the beach but they have a nice deck that has a cool breeze and nice views of the beach.

The location is great, only about 20 meters from the beach and close to the main street where you can find restaurants.

Mauricio, the owner, was also very friendly and allowed me to bring my puppy along.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ewethey
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Miss Miriam 2 is a nice place to stay in Tortuguero. Nice room with fan and bathroom, location near the beach.
I can recommend this place for a good night sleep.

We had dinner at the sister place called Miss Miriam (by the soccer field) which didn't show any prices on the menu. We were very surprised because we ended up paying 6500 colones (about 13 dollars) for a rice and vegetables meal... The most expensive dinner we had in our one month CA trip! So I cannot recommend that place...

• Stayed November 2011