“Like your mama cooks the Carribean way...”
Review of Miss Miriam's

Miss Miriam's
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Tortuguero
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We had a very tasteful evening meal here. 'La madre' cooked for us. We could hear her chopping the meat and sharpening her knives. We were the only customers at that moment, so there was no 'great' atmosphere, but maybe it comes later in the evening...

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Had the chicken. Made me very sick. Killed a day of my vacation. Not worth it find somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was recommended to us by our hotel, and we loved it. The Caribbean flavoured chicken and the fish were both great. The portions were plentiful!!! Homemade fries too. They were out of water, so if you don't drink pop or beer bring a bottle from the grocery store down the street just in case.

1  Thank BugforTravel
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very average meals for higher prices comparing to other sodas in Tortuguero. Dirty place, scary staff. Never again.

1  Thank Jan J
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We came to this restaurant as per recommendation by the receptionist at the place we were staying. I ordered fish and my husband ordered Caribbean chicken. While my fish was salty and over fried, my husband's chicken was delicious. One of the best we've had. Our order came with rice, salad, frijoles and fried plantain. Their fried plantain was one of the best I've had in CR.
The service was good as well.

1  Thank coco-nut59