We went because we saw great recommendations for the place, no one was wrong. The place is near carretera interarmericana, before the entrance to Golfito, or there is a road between Golfito and the Lodge (for 4x4 cars)
Since the place said, no TV, we understand the place is for rest, to now better the gorgeous of the south pacific (Osa Region) of Costa Rica.
The food is delicious, mix of german with latin (ie german bread and pinto in the same table), also the place is known as the austrian project, because, long time ago, an austrian man, invest on re-forest the zone, after that, make the lodge, and nowadays there are students from universities learning how to recover the forrest, and methods (just what they explain to me...there are couple of books).
Room are very confortable, a lot of activities to do, hiking, birds watching, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esquinas Lodge in southern Costa Rica, only 3 miles off the Interamerican Highway and 30 minutes from Golfito airport, is part of a model project combining conservation, ecotourism, research, reforestation and community aid. The lodge is 100% carbon-neutral and has 16 rooms, a restaurant, a bar and a pool. The 35-acre private reserve, surrounded by 2500 acres of untouched rainforest, attracts many mammals and over 200 species of birds. Activities include hiking, horseback riding, birdwatching, and boat and kayak tours in nearby Golfo Dulce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esquinas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esquinas Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Esquinas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito