This is a wonderful Eco-lodge in the midst of the rainforest. Located in La Gamba, not far off the main Interamericana road, and Piedras Blancas National Park. I stayed here two nights with a tour group, in January. The accom is all in wooden buildings, the main reception/restaurant/bar and library building has open sides. It overlooks one of the ponds and is surrounded by nature (lizards, hummingbirds, bats...). There is a small stream-fed pool which is a very welcome refreshment to the high humidity. The accomm is in wooden buildings, with chairs & table on a verandah - great for seeing the toucans in the trees outside your room! The glass-free windows are essentially mosquito netting with curtains made by the local tribes people. There is a fan in the room, which during the day time has very little effect, but at night there is a breeze. Our room had 3 comfy beds, a wardrobe,power points and bathroom - hotwater shower. A torch is a must - regardless of lit paths, you should be checking your route, and then your room on entering (and shoes/bags etc for uninvited guests). There are many walks available - take a guide to get the most, and a night walk is one of highlights. The food (full board) is outstanding. Oh, and although i love the sound of nature, I recommend ear plugs for a good night sleep! enjoy this friendly, beautiful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esquinas Lodge in southern Costa Rica, only 3 miles off the Interamerican Highway and 30 minutes from Golfito airport, is part of a model project combining conservation, ecotourism, research, reforestation and community aid. The lodge is 100% carbon-neutral and has 16 rooms, a restaurant, a bar and a pool. The 35-acre private reserve, surrounded by 2500 acres of untouched rainforest, attracts many mammals and over 200 species of birds. Activities include hiking, horseback riding, birdwatching, and boat and kayak tours in nearby Golfo Dulce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Esquinas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esquinas Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Esquinas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito