Great stay at the Esquinas Rainforest Lodge. We went looking for frogs on our first night there with our guide. We didn't expect to come across a caiman living in the frog pond! Lots of other wildlife live very close by. It did rain a bit but it is in a rainforest. No glass in the windows for the rooms, but it is not really needed, the screens keep most of the insects out. When it did rain the kitchen staff showed us all how to make tortillas the Costa Rican way! Lots of spare wellies and umbrellas at the reception area for when you get caught in a bit of a storm. Overall a great stay in a fantastic lodge with really nice staff and plenty of wildlife very close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esquinas Lodge in southern Costa Rica, only 3 miles off the Interamerican Highway and 30 minutes from Golfito airport, is part of a model project combining conservation, ecotourism, research, reforestation and community aid. The lodge is 100% carbon-neutral and has 16 rooms, a restaurant, a bar and a pool. The 35-acre private reserve, surrounded by 2500 acres of untouched rainforest, attracts many mammals and over 200 species of birds. Activities include hiking, horseback riding, birdwatching, and boat and kayak tours in nearby Golfo Dulce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esquinas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esquinas Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Esquinas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito