I absolutely loved this peaceful place. Everyone was super accommodating and the sleeping cabins and lounge/restaurant area was very clean. The food was local and excellent with fresh fruit juice served at every meal.
The only reason I didn't give this a five start is because there are no prices for solo travelers who want to take the individual tours and they are so worth it. Just wish there were prices for singles, or at a discounted fee.
All in all, the employees and tour guides made this stay unforgettably enjoyable and exciting. They were THE best in explaining and exemplifying what this ecolodge is all about. This was the best part of my stay in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esquinas Lodge in southern Costa Rica, only 3 miles off the Interamerican Highway and 30 minutes from Golfito airport, is part of a model project combining conservation, ecotourism, research, reforestation and community aid. The lodge is 100% carbon-neutral and has 16 rooms, a restaurant, a bar and a pool. The 35-acre private reserve, surrounded by 2500 acres of untouched rainforest, attracts many mammals and over 200 species of birds. Activities include hiking, horseback riding, birdwatching, and boat and kayak tours in nearby Golfo Dulce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Esquinas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esquinas Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Esquinas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito