Zancudo Lodge has done it again: Provide a superb experience for fishing and relaxing in the jungle. This was our third visit to Zancudo. Last visit was so wonderful that we could not imagine how it could get any better. But it did!
The décor was improved upon (didn't think it possible to be any more beautifully detailed), bicycles are now available for use, all the staff is even more attentive and available for your every need. The trees and shrubs have filled in and are beautifully manicured, surrounding you with beauty at every turn. The rooms and entire resort is clean, spacious, comfortable and very attractive. The attention to detail does not miss a beat. For example: A lighted makeup mirror in your room in the jungle? Delightful little packages of homemade cookies left nightly on the table in your room? These are only examples of the types of details I keep referring to, but you will notice so many more.
My husband was in his absolute glory fishing with Captain Tito. I accompanied them a couple days, even though I typically do not fish (I'm the photographer). Tito is knowledgeable and a lot of fun. He helped to make it a really good experience for me and an unforgettable experience for my husband. The boat was comfortable and clean.
The fish caught during the day became dinner. The meals are gourmet quality and beautifully presented. The freshness of the ingredients is apparent.
All the staff speaks excellent English. Special thanks to them for helping me practice my Spanish! (Lots of practicing to do before returning next year!)
Goldine and Gregg go to great lengths to make all their guests feel pampered. By the time we left, we felt like we were saying goodbye to our family. It was that special.
Thank you does not seem like enough expression of our gratitude for our outstanding experience at Zancudo Lodge. Kudos to you, Goldine and Gregg!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zancudo Lodge is surrounded by the beauty of Costa Rican wildlife, verdant tropical foliage and is located beachfront. Ideally bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the Rio Coto river, we offer our guests the perfect setting for an idyllic vacation accompanied by your choice of a variety of thrill seeking activities. Our guests can choose amongst a list of popular sports such as world class surfing, standup paddle boarding, premier catch and release sport fishing and kayaking or a variety of day tours indigenous to the Golfo Dulce such as a visit to a botanical garden and a wildlife sanctuary, oceanfront horseback riding or a zip-line canopy flight through the rainforest. Those guests who prefer to enjoy the tranquility of the resort can spend time relaxing by the pool, taking a stroll in our tropical fruit garden, playing a game of bocce ball on our regulation court, receiving a deep tissue massage, practicing yoga or pilates in the open air or simply relishing the vastness of the Pacific Ocean from the privacy of our Zancudo Beach.Our brand new public space houses an elegant fountain reception area, gift shop, 3 lounge areas, a fine dining restaurant (seating capacity 40), bar (seating capacity 16) and a state of the art kitchen. On the second floor, there is a game lounge complete with a widescreen TV viewing area, pool table, shuffleboard table, card table, foosball and a massage relaxation room with an outdoor shower. On our property, our guests will also find beautiful tropical gardens, green houses (with our own organically farmed product), our own Lodge marina located on the Rio Coto (where all guests are greeted with a VIP service of a welcoming drink and cold towel), a salt water pool and palapa lounge area and open air beachfront platforms (for exercise, lounging, etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Zancudo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zancudo Beach Hotel Golfito
- The Zancudo Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito