Rancho Burica
US$103
US$869
US$660
  • Breakfast included
La Purruja Lodge(Golfito)(Great Value!)
US$38
Priceline
Hotel Samoa del Sur(Golfito)(Great Value!)
US$70
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerthe managershorseback ridingpura vidacosta ricaturtle projectstayed longerpuntadutchsurfcincowaveswilbertharleyyogaboardwaterfall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Amazing spot in the tail of Costa Rica. Unspoilt nature, beautifull sunrise and sunset, the best waves, wild animals and a stunning beach. Friendly staff with healthy food every day. There are plenty of activities to do and see. One of the most beautifull places from Central America.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Costa Rican dream is right here. No need to search any further. At Rancho Burica you'll meet great people. The hosts Jord & Femke make you feel at home. In this undiscovered little gem it's the tropical dream your living in your own beach cabin. We skipped Corcovado after this, because we saw all the most amazing plants and animals already. The surf is right in front on a fantastic beach. The food is amazingly prepared every day (great deal), so need to go out anywhere. And fun to have dinner with lovely mix of people (and play games). Want to do fun stuff? Lots to do: yoga, hiking, best horse back riding in the world, surfing, you name it! Enjoy Costa Rica in it's true way at Ranco Burica. The pleasure can be yours. (PS and the best of all NO BUGS here, it's a miracle!)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Y v
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

We loved this place!! So glad we didn't stay in Pavones town & came here instead. I had read all the good reviews so I was expecting a lot but it was actually even better than I thought it would be & excellent value for money. We stayed in the newer upstairs room with private bathroom - really nice room with massive king bed that my husband declared is the best bed he's ever slept on. When we were there, Bas, the old manager, was handing over to the new managers, Jord & Femke, & one of the owners, Reinoud, was around so we had the privilege of meeting & hanging out with all of them & they're really nice, fun & funny people. The food is delicious & plentiful. Jord makes great cappucinos after dinner, which is a lovely bonus. The property itself is beautiful, with the beach right in front & the jungle all around. There's good surf (best at high tide) a few metres away. They also organised a boat trip to Matapalo & another trip to Saleas - both awesome surf breaks & highly recommended. Be prepared for intermittent wifi & for wet clothes never really drying properly! Wish we never had to leave.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Rancho Burica is a magical and beautiful place to stay. I was there for a week and could have easily stayed much longer! This ocean front property brought my mind back to the Pura Vida felling of life! You have to go here. The accommodation was just what I needed, I stayed in the Jungle house on the top floor. I had my own deck and hammock! The food was so fresh and delicious! Bashtion, Femke, and Jord are you friendly hosts ever!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place has everything if you're into nature, wildlife, yoga, good food and surfing without crowds. The stuff is overly friendly and very welcoming. The breakfast is fantastic with their homemade bread, fruit juice and the best Gallo Pinto I ever had. Dinner time was always a pleasure with some of the best food I had and also plenty. You get served a nice Cappucino right after dinner time, which is really nice considering that you're so far away from any good café.

I stayed for two weeks and had really good time. Both dorm and the lodge are really comfy and the surfing around there is incredible. If you want to discover Costa Rica's nature, wildlife and surf, thist is probably your best option.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo