A magical place with some disappointments The grounds , staff and activities are wonderful. The room is very dark as you are in the middle of the forest surrounded by high foliage and unable to even see the sky. There are no screens anywhere so if you put on any lights to read the bugs come in. The breakfast and lunch were great but the dinner was mediocre and very over salted. The activities that are nearby include the botanical garden, an animal sanctuary, kayaking and a boat trip up the river to see hundreds of birds. The owners are very caring and are always very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito