At the north end of the Golfo Dulce, Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge, 1/2 hour by boat from Golfito on the mainland and Pto. Jimenez on the Osa Peninsula, is an outstanding small hotel with great food, friendly staff and a spectacular location surrounded by dense vegetation and lots of rainforest noises. http://www.nicuesalodge.com/
Two and a half days there made a wonderful end to our Costa Rica visit. We were the oldest visitors by a decade or more, as several families with both teens and younger children were also visiting (all from the US), so its safe to say the activities offered suit a wide range of ages and interests. Blue-water fishing brought fresh catch to the dinner table.
For those of us who try to put our travel dollars where our environmental and conservation values are and like to support small hotels, the lodge, which has recently applied for certification under Costa Rica's apparently quite rigorous one- to five-leaf sustainability ranking, was a joy to visit--beautiful, welcoming, with delicious food and well-trained, well-organized, high-energy staff in a beautiful, secluded (though thanks to dawn wake-up calls by Howler Monkeys, not always a quiet) place.
We were originally wait-listed here though we started planning 5 months ahead, getting confirmation about 30 days before our stay. Our trip planner at Adventure Life Travel in Missoula, Montana http://www.Adventure-Life.com said staying at Nicuesa would be worth waiting for, and she was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito