This place is wonderful. There are plenty of things to do regardless of your age or phisical limitations. When my wife and I were visiting for 4 nights in late April, there were younger couples and older couples enjoying the lodge, the trails, and the waters of the golfo dulce. The food is excellent, with very friendly staff. The guides are intelligent and more importantly, very fun to hang out with when you are not on a tour, or some other activity. Our guides Carlos and Steve, were very fun to get to know and learn from. They are both good bartenders as well.
We stayed in one of the cabins (El Dorado) and it was very nice. Open air with a mosquito net on the bed. Not much lighting, in the evenings given the solar electricity, but you get used to it after awhile. Also- it is extremely humid here and they certainly don't have AC! But with the fan in the cabin, i actually got used to that too.
Our favorite activities during our stay here was fishing in the Golfo Dulce, the rainforest waterfall hike, the river kayak tour, and snorkeling. Please note that I have never taken the time to give a positive review for something in a forum such as this. Playa Nicuesa got me to do just that. Must be a pretty special place! Have a good time, and make sure you say hi from Jon and Sarah in Minnesota when you go! We loved it here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito