All reviews few minutes walk picked hotel quaint hotel the owner communal kitchen a great stay great hotel one night perfect location close to town three nights small pool costa rica pool area place to stay hugo towels
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I had a wonderful two weeks at the Ibiza, I could not have wished for a better hotel. The staff were all very pleasant and extremely informative. They arrange anything you want to do From where to go to eat to arranging tours and fishing trips. I had a brilliant time and will be going back again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Hugo J, Propriétaire at Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Sir Richard,
thanj you so much for sharing your time with us.
It has been a great pleasure receiving you.
Thanks again for the fish, the talks, and your benevolence.
We will be very happy to see you nex time you'll come in costa rica
sincerely

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Not sure what happened... checking in I noticed the price was much cheaper than I paid on hotels.com, and when shown my room it was crummy (#12 - bathroom is smaller than tiny) and no refrigerator (I had just bought some OJ in anticipation of a place to cool it. I told that I paid more, and asked for an upgrade but he refused - it's not like they were full, it's green season... I was stuck and had to stay there because I had prepaid. I just don't get it - it went downhill fast and I left the next morning a very unhappy guest.

Room Tip: Don't stay in #12
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
ChrstnCttn, Director de Recepción at Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for your review Mr. paxMind
As we speak at the time of your arrival, if you paid hotels.com a higher rate than what you found when you arrived at our hotel, it is a matter that you should deal directly with hotels.com and, in any case, comment it in a review about that platform and not about our hotel.
You were lodged in a classic room because it was what hotels.com contracted with us. None of our classic rooms have refrigerators.
The ugrade you requested was denied because you did not agree to pay the difference for a Deluxe room (more spacious, with your own refrigerator and certainly the only free room we had left) and, as I mentioned earlier, hotels.com hired to you a classic room.
In any case we are surprised that the room has been small because it has the same dimensions as the room in which you had previously stayed (in December if I remember correctly)

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Just got back from a night at this dreadful property. I stayed based on the good reviews it had and can only imagine they are all old or written by the owner and friends

The property is an old run down bunch of apartments that are very shabby, the bedroom we had did not have ac and the manager told us that it was in the kitchen which would cool off the whole unit, it did not. The TV was also in the kitchen so I pulled my mattress there to sleep.

The bathroom was old and disgusting and the towels were even worse.

There are so many places to stay in Jaco and I can't imagine why anyone would stay here.

Stayed: May 2018
Hugo J, Propriétaire at Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hello Samuel,
Sorry that you did not liked our place. We understand your point of view that apparently you have broadcasted as widely as possible on several online plaforms.
If the room did not meet your expectations, you could just tell us at cheking in, and we would have refund.
All our sheets, pilows, towels, duvet etc are brand new every 6 month, after one year of use we remove it of from service and donate to charity.
To accuse us of lying on the comments is not fair: we have 700 certified reviews on booking rated 9.3
Unfortunately we do not have such a family and friends. :)
Sorry for you bad experience.
sincerely

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and I'm so glad we chose this hotel. It is on a small canal that was a beautiful place to watch the birds in the morning while having my coffee on the patio just outside the room. No big pool with lots of children in the morning just a small perfect sized pool and quiet atmosphere in the middle of a very busy little village. Every member of the staff were so friendly and accommodating they made us feel at home and answered every question and their recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing tours were outstanding. I can't give them a high enough rating to express how they relentlessly tried to help us find another hotel for our last nights stay when we realized we had made an error when booking. It was the busiest weekend they probably have being the Easter holiday but it all worked out, although our next hotel was a real disappointment after Hotel Ibiza but it was the only one available and we only had ourselves to blame. I will stay there again when I undoubtedly return to Jaco.

Room Tip: We had room #14 which was ground floor and opened to a nice patio although I didn't see any room that would be a less desirable location.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Hugo J, Propriétaire at Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you so much Jill and Dennis for have been such kind of people to us.
We really apreciated sharing some time with you.
Please come back next time, we will be so glad to see you again.
Lisa and I have talked about you several time since you have left the hotel, missing you.
thank you so much for all the kind comment you have made for us.
friendly
lisa and hugo

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Nice, quaint hotel a couple of blocks from city center and less than 100 meters to the beach. Wonderful courtyard with a small beautiful pool. Great place to relax. Rooms are nice and clean with a small porch overlooking the courtyard.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ChrstnCttn, RR.PP. at Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thanks for such warm comments.
We are deeply pleased to have made your stay a memorable experience.
We hope to welcome you again with the planned modifications for the pool complete