“Do not trust Gustavo the receptionist!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Linda Condominiums

Costa Linda Condominiums
Ranked #33 of 67 Speciality Lodging in Jaco
Lithonia, Georgia
“Do not trust Gustavo the receptionist!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2009

The condo was nice and clean, loved the 24hour security. My family and other guest had a problem with Gustavo the receptionist when it came to purchasing tours. He always added on an extra charge of $10 to $20 dollars to the price, we quickly found out he was getting a kickback for every tour he purchased for us. He also sold a snorkel package, told us everything was included: lunch, snorkeling, wine,beer, and soft drinks. That was not the case, the tour operator told us once we were on the boat we had to pay extra to snorkel and for drinks. If I had known that I would not have paid $95 dollars. The real price quoted on the sign was $85, again an extra charge was added on. If you are doing tours I suggest you book your own tours and talk with the company directly to make sure what is and is not included in the price quoted. Other than that we had a good time, the beach is not very clean and do not leave your stuff unattended. The beach is good for surfing and that is all! If you want a nice beach to bask in the sun you will have to pay to go to another beach.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lelalovestravel

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Powell, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

My wife, daughter and I spent a week at Costa Linda using it as a base of operations for exploring the Pacific Coast (Jaco, Manuel Antonio, Rainmaker Forest, Islas Tortugas). It is a short walk to Playa Jaco, restaurants and shopping. Its a short drive to grocery stores to get provisions. Our ground floor room was spacious, the full kitchen was well stocked with utensils and the linens always clean. The washer/dryer and air conditioning all worked fine.

The pool area and grounds are beautiful with a few grills available for use. The grounds are patrolled and we always felt quite safe. Many folks had kids with them and the atmosphere was very friendly. When we had questions the staff were always helpful.

We drove to most places outside of Jaco. The excursion to Islas Tortugas was wonderful - the bus picked us up and dropped us off right at the complex.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank jt_powell
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

I studied abroad in Costa Rica back in 2003 and make it a point to come back every year for vacation. Due to time constraints and the activities I planned I decided it would be best to stay in Jaco, since it's central to a lot of things (Manuel Antonio, Isla Tortuga, Nicoya Peninsula, Tabacon, etc). I hadn't been to the Jaco area since 2003 and I'd heard that things had changed. Rather than go and just find a hotel I decided to go with the Costa Linda Condos, which seemed to be central to downtown Jaco yet still set apart from the hustle and bustle of the main drag.

I can say that our stay at the Costa Linda Condos was AMAZING! They hada gated security entrance (someone was there 24/7) and the office knew when to expect us. They got us settled into our unit (which was complete with the latest appliances, including towel service on a daily basis and dishes, microwave, and refridgerator). The bathrooms had great pressure and hot water was not a problem.

Our unit had it's own thermostat which we could control (it got pretty cold so we typically left it around 70 and just turned the ceiling fans on). We also had our own private patio area. The grounds surrounding the condos were immaculent. The pool was GORGEOUS! It was very clean and so quiet...in fact the entire area around the condo was quiet.

The office of the condo had very friendly staff that helped us prepare for other adventures while in Costa Rica. We were able to get a driver for a day to visit Tabacon (it's a MUST....Don't go to the other hot springs because Tabacon is the best!) and also got a shuttle to puntarenas to do the Isla Tortuga tour. We took a Jaco shuttle (private) down to Jaco but took the Tico bus back (buy tickets at booth across from Best Western and picks up on side of Pizza Hut) which wasn't a bad trip (I love taking the Tico buses...they're so much cheaper).

I highly recommend this place...in fact, I'm thinking of purchasing a condo in this community. It seems as though Jaco overall is being developed like crazy (think South Beach back in the day...we saw some very modern and chic buidlings going up).

A note about Jaco: I do love Jaco (despite what people say). It's the closest beach to San Jose and still has a lot to offer. Yes, there are prostitues that make themselves known on their blocks, but it's nothing bad...they stay to themselves (then again I'm from the DC area so this kind of stuff doesn't bother me). In terms of nightlife, there's a little something for everyone. There was even this upscale lounge called "Le Loft" that featured an asian influence and had reserve seating...I actually felt that I was back in DC when I went there...then I realized everyone was speaking Spanish..:) There's a ton of live music and places to eat along the main drag. The weather was gorgeous every day we were there (if rain is anticipated it typically occurs during the late afternoon and not for long).

If you prefer a more authentic or quiet location to relax you can head about an hour or so south to Manuel Antonio for a day trip if you'd like a more picturesque location...or head about 5-10 minutes up the road to Playa Hermosa.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank ttt4
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2009

This is a great place on the north end of the Jaco strip. Easy walking distance to everything Jaco has to offer yet very quiet location. The pool was wonderful and the staff was great. Everything was neat and clean and with 24 hour security it was very safe. This is a great place to set up shop in Jaco before you set out to explore.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bruce R
Roatan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2009

We just returned from a short stint in Jaco, and would recommend the Costa Linda Condos. The condos are nearly new, clean, safe, with 24 hour security, helpful staff, all the way from booking (thank you Bonnie Kosko!) and front desk (thank you Erik), to our shuttle driver (thank you Jerrod), who even stopped at the grocery store on the way from the airport to the condos. Costa Linda staff provided info on tour packages, and arranged them via 360 Tours and their contact, a man named "German." They might work with you on price if they are not booked and have a number of vacancies. The grounds were clean; there is daily maid service and washer/dryers, and full kitchen. It's just a short walk to Jaco beach, or you can ask them to call a cab for less than $2. We would stay there again! JB and Suzy

Stayed February 2009