“Enjoyable, will definitely return to this resort”
Review of Hotel Pumilio

Hotel Pumilio
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Everything was amazing!!...from the staff to the hotel. Ana, the manager, along with her staff made sure my friends and I were taken care of. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit :-)

Reviewed 2 June 2011

The hotel is beautiful with a nice modern design. We loved our rooms! Ana was helpful from the very beginning helping us to secure transportation and plan our activities during our stay. Breakfast every morning was delicious!! Ana is wonderful and paid attention to every detail. We had wine when we arrived and they would do little special touches throughout our visit. Our view from the balcony was a picturesque view of the mountain. The spa was so sirene and peaceful. It is also a short drive from Jaco beach and the hotel will include taxi fare. I highly recommend El Paso!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2011

Thank you for the nice words ... we're so glad you all enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you have a chance to come back again in the not so distant future - bring the family next time :-)

Reviewed 10 May 2011

The trip started well before we got to the hotel with several email exchanges between Ana and me trying to figure out a ride from the airport to the hotel and what excursions were available. Ana was always extremely prompt in getting back to me with help and suggestions. We arrived Thursday afternoon (5/5/11) we were greeted with some wine and shown to our room.

The room has an amazing view of the rain forest, we spent 90% of our time out on the balcony if we were at the hotel. The room is really big and has basic cable so we were able to watch CNN when we woke up and were getting ready. The hotel has a mini-bar but if you are looking to save some money we took a trip to the store about a mile away to stock up on some beer. The hotel provides two paid shuttles (anytime) so that was nice to be able to go into Jaco and come back whenever we wanted. Ana will also help you order food from the local restaurants so you don't always have to go out and can enjoy the hotel a little bit. Above all the hotel is extremely quite and not supper touristy which we were looking for and you are able to get to know the other guest because there are only 10 rooms.

The hotel is only 2 years old so everything is pretty new which is nice.

Ana is extremely helpful and patient, she was always willing to help us out. The hotel provides breakfast and it was the best beans and rice I had my entire stay in Jaco compliments of Ana.

Its a small boutique hotel but it was worth every penny. It provides a home type feel with vaulted ceilings and the mini kitchen off the balcony. And it is beautiful at night. If we ever go back to Jaco we would stay there again hands down.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cperez7
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Hi Carmen,
It was a real pleasure to have you two stay with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here and we're looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

I stayed here for a wedding and really can't say enough about this hotel! The location and grounds are obviously stunning; it's hard not to be swayed by the landscape in Costa Rica. However, I think the service is probably what sets it truly apart. Having traveled internationally fairly regularly for work, I can honestly say that Anna and her staff go well above and beyond the norm. They provide friendly, personal service and a strong knowledge of Jaco and beyond. I strongly recommend this hotel and will absolutely return again - although I'm sort of hesitant to be TOO vocal in my praises, since I don't want to let too many people in on the secret!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Hi Rob,
Thank you so much for the nice review. I can honestly say it was a truly great experience hosting you and your friends here for our first wedding - first of what we hope will be many more. I'm glad you guys had such a good time and I'm looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

From the first contact via email until we drove away from las lapas it was a great experience. Ana Pana is THE BEST hotel manager and she made us feel like family. There were only a few rooms occupied but it was so peaceful and so relaxing and Ana gave great suggestions and anything we wanted she made happen. I was there to celebrate my 40th birthday with 2 of my girlfriends and we all enjoyed our trip and stay at las lapas, even the rain and exotic bugs lol. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2011

Hi,
I'm so glad you all enjoyed your stay with us ... Maybe you should make it a yearly thing, coming here to celebrate birthdays :-) I know we would love to see you again ...

Reviewed 9 March 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Anna is GREAT, she made our first visit to Costa Rica wonderful.The view from your room is breathtaking always lots of wildlife to enjoy and the landscaping is beautiful. Breakfast is made in their outdoor kitchen by Anna and is yummy.We would go back and stay there again. THANKS Anna.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2011

You're really quite welcome ... I had a great time with you all. Hopefully one day you'll be able to come back and visit - bring the rest of the family next time!

Reviewed 2 March 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights and had a great stay. If you are looking to relax in a place out of the way this is the place. Even though it is down a dirt road and seems desolate I think personally it is a better option than staying in Jaco. It is about 5 kms to Jaco so you will need a car or the B&B offers 2 round trips into town per day which worked very well for us. If you are wanting an adventure, that is not a problem. Ana is more than happy to help you out any way that she can. She went above and beyond helping us anyway she could. Relax and enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad you two had such a nice stay with us. It was a pleasure having you here with us. We really look forward to your next visit in what we hope is the not so distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery
Hotel Mar de Luz
Hotel Mar de Luz
#4 of 40 in Jaco
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort

Been to Hotel Pumilio? Share your experiences!