This is place is a hidden gem. We were looking for a place to stay around Jaco and decided to stay here. We are a family of 5, and the boutique hotel was perfect. It's located about 1km off the highway just north of Jaco. The grounds are very tranquil and the landscaping was very fitting for Costa Rica. The staff at the front desk let us store our luggage until later in the day, so we could go to the beach until check-in (we arrived at 9:30am) After a day at the beach, and a great dinner at I Love Sushi, we checked into our room. Two comfy queen beds and a sofa bed. The room was decorated in a contemporary Costa Rican theme. The infinity pools included a waterfall and slide. We enjoyed the evening in the pool. The resort is small with about 10 rooms, and they all look out over the pool and garden. There's an outside kitchen with dining table and chairs just off each unit. We used the fridge for our drinks. You can order food from any nearby restaurant, and the staff will pick it up and deliver it to your room! We loved the breakfast, and were able to sit in a quiet relaxing atmosphere. We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pumilio is strategically located to explore Costa Rica like being pamper at home surrounded by nature, see the toucans, macaws and lots of birds flying naturally and the lizards walking around. Close enough to lots of activities, restaurants and things Jaco or Herradura Beaches, the most developed tourist hotspot in the country, wide variety of ecological, adventure, adrenaline & sports tours, offers for every age and preference. Closely surrounded by the most famous national parks and reserves, you will also find a wide variety of restaurants, supermarkets, stores, beautiful beaches, islands and a spectacular colorful ocean among a variety of activities that makes us unique. Located on the side of the mountain at sea level Our guests are always more than welcome in our Boutique hotel. We work hard to give the importance that our guests deserve, especially knowing that they are sharing with us their vacation time. The rooms were planned to be spacious and bright the 10 suites with a kitchen outside so our guests can keep contact with nature and avoid the food smell inside the room. We ended up remodeling the entire hotel last year! Breakfast is included, we decided not to have schedule, guests that are going to tours frequently needs it before 7 a.m. and other want to sleep until late, we change daily because people love long stays. We added “tamales” typical dish for Christmas in Costa Rica, now we serve them at breakfast every day so our guest can try them. At Pumilio every day is a Holiday! We love celebrating with our guests. Please let us know in advance if you are celebrating your birthday, honeymoon or anniversary, we'll give you a pleasant surprise! According with our guests plans, likes and preferences we feel happy making recommendations about the best seller’s tours, restaurants and things to do in the area, it´s even better when our guests trust us, so we have control of the service and schedules of the activities, a better experience exploring Costa Rica and we'll take care of our guest’s budget. We chose the best restaurants in the area and have their menus and bring what our guest chooses and serve it where they prefer, dining room, terrace, balcony suite or even at the pool deck. WIFI and parking also included. Leap into happiness in Hotel Pumilio, the best personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco