My family of 5 booked a reservation with the Pumilio hotel for May 7th - 10th. The room was said to accomodate our party. We arrived approximately 12 midnight and was met by a gentlemen that escorted us to our room. What was most distrubing was he carried a concealed weapon on his hip and the grounds were dark. Once we arrived to our room, it was clean but there were three blue towels and no wash cloths. The patio door was opened and closed but it didn't lock. We called for the security guy and expressed our concerns with the room, he then contacted Miltlon and he came to address our concerns. Milton arrived and refused to provide additional towels and wash cloths to accomodate 5 adutls. We informed him that our room patio door did not lock and that we felt unsafe sleeping there. Milton also carried a concealed weapon on him! He stated that he would give us a room next door but for a fee, we weren't looking for additional space, but a room that was safe for 5 women traveling. Milton said that if we weren't satisifed that we should leave and that he would agree to us getting refunded through our online travel company. We decided that based on the accomodations, patio door not locking and the concealed weapons, we would leave and find another hotel in the area. However, once we contacted our travel company to request a refund, they contacted Laura and she declined to give us a refund. My party ended up losing our money to Pumilio hotel and paying for another 3 nights at a near by hotel. We were asking for at least 50% refund to help us defray the cost of another hotel, but Laura was not willing to accomodate my party in the least way. The paramter of this hotel is very secluded and apparantly unsafe based on the security man and Milton carrying concealed weapons on them. It would have been nice for Laura to make her guest aware of this important detail. This major inconvenience caused out of pocket expenses that weren't planned for and made our entrance into Costa Rica very stressful. I think the most the owner could have done was accomodate us for our concerns for a lack of safety but apparently that is not her concern and/or interest. If you are traveling party, you may want to reconsider staying at the Pumilio and look for a hotel that will accomodate your party of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pumilio is strategically located to explore Costa Rica like being pamper at home surrounded by nature, see the toucans, macaws and lots of birds flying naturally and the lizards walking around. Close enough to lots of activities, restaurants and things Jaco or Herradura Beaches, the most developed tourist hotspot in the country, wide variety of ecological, adventure, adrenaline & sports tours, offers for every age and preference. Closely surrounded by the most famous national parks and reserves, you will also find a wide variety of restaurants, supermarkets, stores, beautiful beaches, islands and a spectacular colorful ocean among a variety of activities that makes us unique. Located on the side of the mountain at sea level Our guests are always more than welcome in our Boutique hotel. We work hard to give the importance that our guests deserve, especially knowing that they are sharing with us their vacation time. The rooms were planned to be spacious and bright the 10 suites with a kitchen outside so our guests can keep contact with nature and avoid the food smell inside the room. We ended up remodeling the entire hotel last year! Breakfast is included, we decided not to have schedule, guests that are going to tours frequently needs it before 7 a.m. and other want to sleep until late, we change daily because people love long stays. We added “tamales” typical dish for Christmas in Costa Rica, now we serve them at breakfast every day so our guest can try them. At Pumilio every day is a Holiday! We love celebrating with our guests. Please let us know in advance if you are celebrating your birthday, honeymoon or anniversary, we'll give you a pleasant surprise! According with our guests plans, likes and preferences we feel happy making recommendations about the best seller’s tours, restaurants and things to do in the area, it´s even better when our guests trust us, so we have control of the service and schedules of the activities, a better experience exploring Costa Rica and we'll take care of our guest’s budget. We chose the best restaurants in the area and have their menus and bring what our guest chooses and serve it where they prefer, dining room, terrace, balcony suite or even at the pool deck. WIFI and parking also included. Leap into happiness in Hotel Pumilio, the best personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco