Anna (hotel Manager), provided EXCELLENT service. We arrived Jaco from Arenal pretty late and she had chilled champagne waiting for us. She's very professional and well experienced in hospitality mgmt.
The room was to DIE for!!! This is a new resort (opened in Dec. 2009) so the place is immaculate. It's a smaller property (about 10 rooms or so) so that was very appealing to us being that it is nestled away from the lively Jaco "hip strip" but close enough to the nightlife/restaurants and shops (about a 5 minute drive). Every room has a balcony with a sitting area and an outdoor kitchen complete with appliances!!! Now that is genius if you're traveling on a budget (but Tico food is inexpensive anyway)! The beds were very plush, bathrooms very spacious and there's even a day bed by the door. Very spacious rooms with huge closets and a safe. The room is reminiscent of a picture in a Traveler Magazine or something!!!!!!
The location is about 5 minutes from Jaco by car. My girlfriend took the bus one night and walked to the hotel. It was dark and the road isn't paved but don't fret the hotel provides transportation to the center of town which was PERFECT!!! We took the bus everywhere we went. We found this to be very economical since the country isn't that big. Free authentic Tico breakfast included, lovely pool and spa area for massages.
I loved everything about this hote especially the SERVICE which was magnificent!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pumilio is strategically located to explore Costa Rica like being pamper at home surrounded by nature, see the toucans, macaws and lots of birds flying naturally and the lizards walking around. Close enough to lots of activities, restaurants and things Jaco or Herradura Beaches, the most developed tourist hotspot in the country, wide variety of ecological, adventure, adrenaline & sports tours, offers for every age and preference. Closely surrounded by the most famous national parks and reserves, you will also find a wide variety of restaurants, supermarkets, stores, beautiful beaches, islands and a spectacular colorful ocean among a variety of activities that makes us unique. Located on the side of the mountain at sea level Our guests are always more than welcome in our Boutique hotel. We work hard to give the importance that our guests deserve, especially knowing that they are sharing with us their vacation time. The rooms were planned to be spacious and bright the 10 suites with a kitchen outside so our guests can keep contact with nature and avoid the food smell inside the room. We ended up remodeling the entire hotel last year! Breakfast is included, we decided not to have schedule, guests that are going to tours frequently needs it before 7 a.m. and other want to sleep until late, we change daily because people love long stays. We added “tamales” typical dish for Christmas in Costa Rica, now we serve them at breakfast every day so our guest can try them. At Pumilio every day is a Holiday! We love celebrating with our guests. Please let us know in advance if you are celebrating your birthday, honeymoon or anniversary, we'll give you a pleasant surprise! According with our guests plans, likes and preferences we feel happy making recommendations about the best seller’s tours, restaurants and things to do in the area, it´s even better when our guests trust us, so we have control of the service and schedules of the activities, a better experience exploring Costa Rica and we'll take care of our guest’s budget. We chose the best restaurants in the area and have their menus and bring what our guest chooses and serve it where they prefer, dining room, terrace, balcony suite or even at the pool deck. WIFI and parking also included. Leap into happiness in Hotel Pumilio, the best personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco