Hotel Pumilio
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Mar de Luz(Jaco)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor kitchentamalesorder foodcosta ricabeautiful boutique hotelspa servicesthe hotel managerminute drivethe hotel offersbreakfast was deliciousbeautiful rainforestexotic birdsoff the beaten pathstaff went out of their waystayed longersmall hotelroom hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I would say this is the place to stay if traveling to see Jaco and it's surrounding area's in Costa Rica. Private, secure and clean.

1  Thank willyone1955
LapaVIP, Propietario at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Hello! Hope to have you back some day. Sorry we didn't response before, we really appreciate your nice comments and it`s the best way to keep improving our services and hotel. We changed our hotel name at the end of last year, know is Hotel Pumilio, a lot easier for travelers, we made more improvements in our little spot and have a lot more activities to offer so our guest can explore Costa Rica like been at home. We know the value of every minute of our guests vacation and keep doing our best hospitality. If you ever forget, or lose your happy all you have to do is come back to Pumilio. We know how to find the happy in you. Best regards!

Reviewed 23 July 2010

I can not say enough about what an increadible place this is. We went during the rainy season which means there were fewer people at the B&B than usual. Either way, I'm sure that the service would be 5 star like we recieved. Ana & her staff were incredible. It's like we never left home. She was helpful from the second we walked through the door. She helped with everything you can think of. She helped with the tours with the canopy & ATV; setting up the spa massage; telling us what places the locals go to eat; & even dropped us off at the beach and downtown with her own car. Service was first rate all the way around.

Since this is a B&B, breakfast was delightful experience. Fresh fruit, plantains, beans & rice, and eggs made differently everyday. It was the complete island breakfast.

The rooms are hugh! 2 queen beds with a futon and we had plenty of extra room to roam. The rooms we decorated with a modern island theme. My only complait was the beds are very hard. They take a few night to get use to.

The rest of the B&B is as beautiful as the rooms. The pools are great to lounge around in and are right next to the rooms, so you can go back & forth to refill your frosty bevereage ;)

Be aware that the B&B is about a ten minute car ride to downtown Jaco. Nothing is within walking distance. If you do not have a car, taxies are convenient , unless Ana is availablle. Thank you again Ana!

Reviewed 21 July 2010

We received a warm welcome from Ana who was friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated, plus the scenery was beautiful. Spending time on our patio (right by the pool) was relaxing and peaceful. I would not hesitate to stay here again, in fact, I cant' wait to return. It could not have been better!

Reviewed 16 July 2010

Ana and her staff are top notch! They all exceeded my expectations. I don't think I have ever recieved such exemplary customer service. Ana is a true pleasure, she is not only kind but very helpful. She arranged for a private driver to pick me up from the airport and then drive me back to San Jose when I was ready to leave. During my stay she cut fresh fruit every morning for all the guest on top of cooking a full breakfast for everyone. She also arranged for me to do a zip line tour. All with a smile!

On top of great service this B&B is absolutely beautiful! I walked around Jaco and I did not see anywhere else that could even compare! If you stay here you will feel like you have truly reached Paradise. The pictures do not do this place justice.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2010

My husband and I spent 4 nights at this hotel as a part of Honeymoon and would recommend it to anybody, expecially couples. The hotel is down hidden among personal residences off an unpaved road but once you enter in the gates it is awesome. We were greeted with a glass of wine by the hotel manager, Ana. The hotel is very small and we were lucky enough that we were the only guests in the hotel for 3 of our 4 nights. Ana was very nice and offered lots of advice about the area and Costa Rica in general. When we were shown to our room, we were blown away by the comfort. The room had two beds and had a large sliding glass door that looked out onto a beautiful pool with lots of greenery behind the pool. Behind the hotel is a small river. In the morning, we heard the monkeys in the trees and saw the lizards/frogs hanging around the property. We felt like we were very close to nature and also had a closed in room with AC. It was very quiet at night as the hotel is off on a hidden road. However, we were 3 minutes drive from downtown Jaco where the clubs and parties hang. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for beauty and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple