“Thanksgiving at Hotel Nine”
Review of Hotel Nine

and 1 more site!
Hotel Nine
Ranked #1 of 29 Jaco B&B and Inns
Huntington Beach, California
“Thanksgiving at Hotel Nine”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We just got back from our vacation in Jaco, Costa Rica. We stayed at the Hotel Nine which is located right on the water. The rooms were wonderful, very clean and such a beautiful view. Everyone of the staff was so courteous and helpful during our entire stay. They offered free breakfast which was delicious, as was all of the food and drink at the restaurant/bar on the property. They supplied lounge chairs for the beach with umbrellas and they offered surfboards ad boogie boards to use. My daughter and I learned to surf. The pool was beautiful and kept sparkling clean. We have traveled a lot and I would put our vacation at Hotel Nine in my top 3 places to visit. Thank you to all of the staff. Can't wait to go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor in room 9. Fantastic view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hickmanfamily2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
SW Ranches
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have been to Jaco many times and our stay at Hotel 9 was by far the best. Booked the entire hotel for a bachelor party and with the help of the owner Jack and Jessica they made the trip effortless. From setting up transportation to and from San Jose and any excursions we wanted they were more than helpful. The location is great, right on the beach and away from the bustle of the main Jaco strip, but only a quick cheap cab ride away. The staff was fantastic as well as the food at the restaurant. Already planning the next trip back.

Room Tip: The third floor suite above the restaurant has the best balcony and view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Simi Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have been visiting Costa Rica for 25 years and find Hotel Nine to be one of my highlights. Its right on the beach, away from a lot of the hustle and bustle, but close enough to walk or get a short cab ride. Fantastic location, great staff and good food. I enjoyed it so much I booked it for the month of October. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank JW312456
Miami
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The hotel was being renovated when we arrived, but we still fell in love with it quickly. Hotel 9 is right on the water and the sunset view from the balcony, where I was able to drink a few beers from the (early closing) bar, was absolutely fantastic. Rooms are clean and bathrooms are just fine. Beds leave a bit to be desired, but I expect that will change as the renovation process continues. My wife and I immediately thought about bringing a whole bunch of friends back here, as it is really would be a great spot to take over--a lot of the rooms offer multiple beds too. Great value, great location, and friendly folk make this one a winner for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I were delighted as soon as we spotted our beautiful hotel from the beach-road. So,yes, you have to practically drive on the beach to get to it and yet it still manages to have a (small) parking area (perfect since we'd rented a car). Guests have to arrive by 6:30 before reception closes but it's a good thing because it would be near to impossible to find the location in the dark.
Susanna at the front desk was so nice and welcoming and answered all my questions patiently throughout our stay. When she didn't have an answer she'd hunt it down for us. The double room we chose was clean and has everything we look for: Free wi-fi, AC, TV, a safe (not big enough to fit a standard laptop though)-- the room even has a clean and spacious mini-fridge!! (No phone-- although who uses that nowadays!). The bathroom seems to have been recently rennovated/updated and is nice but with just a pedestal sink, it could stand to have a little shelf on the wall for resting our toiletries and more hooks. I loved the simple neutral decor and after our lengthy travels in Costa Rica (having stayed at 5 other hotels), i was SO happy for the spectacular recessed lighting (no, seriously, i was thrilled). But The best part is the view from the hotel; the balcony is hovering over the beach. Speaking of which, the beach is not great-- dirt instead of sand and the Pacific is rough but it was fun to watch the sun set and the surfers as we drank store-bought beer (yay for the mini fridge!). It's also a great walking and running beach in the morning when the tide recedes. Now for the ugly: The bed. Both the mattress and linens leave much to be desired. I'm not looking for Egyptian cotton and down feathering but the way the rough linens rubbed up against the synthetic mattress cover on the hard mattress made me cringe. This could be easily fixed with a soft cotton mattress pad and softer sheets. But Maybe the hotel has to do that so that the guests won't stay forever. :)
The pool space outside is perfect for hanging out with friends. The pool has a swim up bar space (but not tended). It was just my husband and I this time but we would love to return with a group of friends and stay in the bigger suite that sleeps 6 (2 queen beds and a futon). I asked to see this room and the beds and linens seemed to me much softer there.

Sent from my iPad

Room Tip: Go for the room farthest from the beach if you're looking for size (great for a group of friends...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A friend told me about Hotel Nine and I really enjoyed my stay. All beaches in Jaco are not created equal! I spent a lot of time on the beach and a short walk in both directions from Hotel Nine and you get to rocky beaches. Surf and local attractions were fun! Highly recommend

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My first visit to Jaco, I sat on the beach and saw this very hotel. It looked so inviting, so on my next visit my boyfriend and I stayed there. Wonderful staff and ambiance and right on the beach. Very clean. Tasty breakfast which was included in the price. The only issue is parking. Not much available. But overalla really great experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery
#1 of 41 in Jaco
Villa Caletas
Villa Caletas
#2 of 41 in Jaco

Been to Hotel Nine? Share your experiences!