“Good for the price”

Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
usa tn 38451
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Checkin was easy. The hotel is located within a half a mile from the beach. There is a contruction site right next to the hotel they are working from 7:00 to 5:00 week-days I asked for a room on the other side of the hotel and got it. as I was the only guest for all but 2 of my 5 night stay. I was handed one towel and 2 keys one for the door and one for the in room safe. It was quiet for me but the security light came in the window above the door and filled the room every night. The hot water was a switch on the shower head the air conditioner made a loud roar when i checked it I found the window was loose and was making the noise packed some toliet paper in the edge and was much more quiet as I was coming back to the hotel the second night I was asked to pay again. I explainded that I had prepaid with Expedia that the night of checkin they found it, but now had lost the Expedia conformation so I emailed them another copy the third night they asked me for a 20 dollar deposit. There was a sign outside offering the same room I had for 29 dollars, 10 dollars less than I paid at Expedia. Not once in the five days did the room get cleaned. All in all not bad for the price in Jaco they did give me back the 20 when I checked out.

Room Tip: good place to eat about a block on the left Soda Garbado I think coffee 60 cents or 300 colones
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

The Blue Palm Hotel is located perfectly to anyone traveling with a car, it has AC, TV nice reception and a pool.
No one to bug to but no need either, see wild Jaco a day or night and sleep at a safe close by place...

Room Tip: there are 2 types of rooms, take the bigger one for a large group or the smaller one for 2-3 people
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

First room wasnt good : it smelt bad, it was noisy, just in front of some building work, and room wasnt clean enough for what we spent (80usd/night).
Recepcionist, Elvys, had been really kind and helpful and get us another room on day after.

Second room was bigger than first one and celing fan was quite better than a/c machine from first night (such noisy!!). Cleaner and clearer room, thats why we stayed : if we didnt get offered another room, we would have leave the hotel.

The hotel does not have restaurant and i didnt taste the pool.

It is 400 meters far from Jacó main street but need to take your car or taxi : i dont know how are other hotels in town, but i guess it's quite much expensive than other places in CR.

On my opinion, if you can shift Jacó as a place to stay, do it (crowdy and sick touristic city on west CR coast) : pick up some room in Playa Hermosa (5 minutes far from Jaco by car), which is far more worth of it!!

I wont recommend this hotel, but i wont recommend Jacó neither.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Fergus Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

My wife and I are adventure travellers so we really don't care to much where we stay as long as we are well rested for the next day to enjoy our outdoor activities. We booked here thinking it could not be all that bad but really we should have looked elsewhere.

Upon checkin the front desk attendent was more interested in Facebook then us; fine, not a big deal. Upon entering the room we were hit with a bleach smell so strong I had to step back outside. We were then woken at by other people staying there having what sounded like a concert at 1,2,3, and 4; finally we just got up and left. We were suppose to stay two nights but left after one.

The one plus was we contacted the owner who gave us a full refund. A great hotel if you have no intention of sleeping though!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dcaplan

Travellers are raving about these Jaco hotels

Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in early July 2012. Other guests were correct about the energy saver (the electricity turns off until you enter the room again-so don't use the fridge).
Pros: Ultra friendly and helpful staff (especially Susana!). Close to Jaco beach and all the restaurants/shops. A/C was a major perk since the heat index is high.
Cons: In person the hotel looks much more basic than the online photos and there is a construction site just meters away. It is off the main drag of Jaco, if you don't mind walking bit. But, you're on vacation to walk and explore, not to sit in your hotel room.
Overall- not the most posh place but if you're on a budget and just want a clean basic room this is it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
moravia, san jose, costa rica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

stayed 3 nights, left before the 4th one even though it was a free night..... hotel room large with kitchen : had no microwave, not enough cutlery for 3 people, and we had to give deposits for everything ( towels, cutlery, etc..), at this moment a huge construction site is next to the hotel, this creates alot of noise from trucks and heavy machinery you are trying to avoid when going on vacation, hotel management really needs a wake up call on the price charge against the service provided.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mamorett
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

If you are expecting an American beachy hotel you can forget it. This is Costa Rica and although the rooms are small, it was very safe and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay very much. The pool was the cleanest pool around and the grocery store is a five minute walk. Don't expect huge rooms with HDTVs. This is South America, not Florida.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple