“peaceful, spacious and beautiful ocean view”
Review of The Palms Jaco

The Palms Jaco
Ranked #7 of 65 Speciality Lodging in Jaco
grand rapids, mi
“peaceful, spacious and beautiful ocean view”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The condo was spacious, clean and new. The appliances were new and beautiful. I appreciated that the condo was removed from the hustle and bustle. We could easily walk to town or take a taxi (taxi was there within minutes when requested). The property allowed for quiet moments in the pool chairs, drinking coffee and watching the waves roll in for the morning. There were late evening swims and drying off watching the sunset across the ocean. If we wanted to eat out we could walk down the beach a short distance and had restaurants to choose from on the beach. It certainly met my expectations.

Room Tip: the first floor rooms offer quick access to the pool and beach... we loved walking out to the pools...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Traveled down to the Palms last year for a spring break with a group of friends. We were welcomed and felt very safe as the hotel has 24hr security. The place was recently built so all the rooms look and feel brand new. The rooms feature a large outdoor deck with a great view and good spot to play cards/games. We really enjoyed the amazing views and warm weather. The great thing about Costa Rica is the endless amount of excusions and adventures to explore (4-wheeling in the jungle, zip line etc).

Everyone we were with enjoyed the hotel and claimed they can not wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I have stayed at The Palms in Jaco several times. Units 103, 601 and the penthouse, 901. The condos are truly beautiful. Very new, spacious and well appointed with granite counter tops and stainless steal appliances. The views are awesome, especially from the penthouse where you can see the mountains behind and the black sand beach in front. There is a fun bar/restaurant just 2 doors down and everything that Jaco has to offer is a short walk down the beach and into town. We even had DayStar book an in room message which was unbelieveable. There is so much to see and do in Jaco...the local zip lines, horse and ATV tours and we even went to the volcano for a day of canyoneering and relaxing in the hot springs! I will be staying at The Palms again soon!

Room Tip: 901, the penthouse is the best!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
DaystarRentals, Manager at The Palms Jaco, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for staying at Daystar the Palms. Our entire staff appreciates your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our condos, and Jaco Beach, Costa Rica

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit Jaco Beach.
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Although the condo was spacious, the overall experience was less than stellar. The condo was not ready when we arrived. The cleaning lady was still here and had quite a job on her hands well after the check in time. You have a fantastic view of Jaco beach from your room as well but Jaco itself is truly a local tourist attraction. The pool is small with, perhaps 6 or 8 chairs for the entire condo however you are right on the beach which was great. The location is as far north in Jaco as you can get nestled among local Jaco residents. The walk to town is not bad (10 minutes) I did not EVER feel safe walking back at night. We did learn to surf here and the teacher was great.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that your stay may have caused you and your guests. I would like to extend an invitation to you the next time you are in the area to stay at our condo again or just stop by and see the improvements with our cleaning department. We value you as a customer and respect your thoughts as it is a crucial impact on our changes here.
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My family and I really liked the spacious rooms in this condo, there's a great view to the ocean and we were enjoying it until our 2nd day. We called to request toiletries, Yordi answered and said he was going to verify if they could drop some off. He never call back, I tried calling back on their internal phone and he just ignored my several calls. I left a message and no one return ours call. I finally called back from my cell to their direct line and the phone was picked up at the first ring by Yordi again. When I asked why he never return my call he said the maid services already left and if I wanted to complain to call back tomorrow at 8am... in other words HE was not willing to listen... Its a real pitty, people like him can really hurt the impression you can make of any place. Besides the pool is not heated and the water was unbereably cold!

Room Tip: The place is nice, if you decide to stay there, buy your own toiletries and dont expect any services...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that your stay may have caused you and your guests. I would like to extend an invitation to you the next time you are in the area to stay at our condo again or just stop by and see the improvements with our concierge services. We value you as a customer and respect your thoughts as it is a crucial impact on our changes here.
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Hard to accurately rate this hotel. I had booked and paid for this hotel and I guess that they just don't care. A month prior to heading that way, they informed me that the room I had paid (the penthouse suite) for was no longer available and they couldn't properly accommodate my group. Instead, I have to find a new place to stay and due to the short time frame, most of the other area hotels are booked. When I called and spoke with the manager, he was no help and made me feel like he didn't really care. I'm semi-glad this happened because I'm sure that my stay would've been ruined with their below satisfactory service.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Jaco is nothing like your typical trip outside the U.S. I really enjoyed experiencing the Costa Rican culture and the entire town of Jaco. We took an ATV tour through the mountains, through small villages, and through rivers (highly recommended). Also spent a day at Turtuga Island (beautiful) and many days on the beach. The surf was great (especially in the morning). The days were hot but there were plenty of fun places to stop for a tropical drink or an Imperial. Jaco truly makes you say "ahhhhhhh....." Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank boerbria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Villa Caletas
Villa Caletas
#2 of 41 in Jaco
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Copacabana Hotel & Suites

Been to The Palms Jaco? Share your experiences!