“Great Service!!!!!!”
Review of Odyssey Tours Jaco

Odyssey Tours Jaco
Ranked #42 of 77 Tours in Jaco
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Jaco beach experts and we can help you to get the best tours, transportation, rentals for condos or homes, hotels booking, sport fishing charters, and more.
New Brunswick
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Service!!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We booked Odysssey Tours to bring us to several places during our 2 weeks stays in Costa Rica. We sent an email with the dates/locations of pickup and received a confirmation about our reservation. They did not require any payment up front. Our first pick up was to bring us from San Jose airport to Uvita (aprox 4 hrs drive) .The day before our pickup in San Jose, we had a flight problem, so I had to email and ask if we could change the pick up date to the following day instead. They quickly responded and confirmed that this was not a problem. Upon my request, they even recommended a good hotel to stay at in San Jose. The driver showed up early and stopped along the way to show us the crocodiles under the bridge, and to stop at a fruit stand. We did have a little hiccup at the destination, since the van was not a 4 x4 and one was needed to get to our resort, but it did not cause a big problem, the driver eagerly helped us take our luggage up the steep steep hill. They picked us up again 2 more times, each 4 hrs trips, and each time, they were always early. We had 2 different drivers during the experience, and both were great. One was spanish, but did his best to communicate with us, the other spoke English and was able to help us when we stopped at restaurants (to order food). The vans were very comfortable. The drivers were friendly, always early, knew where they were going, made stops along the way, eagerly answered our questions, and overall made sure we were happy. When I requested price quotes, they gave us the best rates, and overall, we were very happy with the service. Thanks Alvero and Diego!

Visited March 2012
3 Thank auff1

Valparaiso, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Customer Service!!!”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I recently travelled to Costa Rica for the first time. I met a group of friends at a resort but arrived a day after everyone else. Since this was my first time out of the country I was very aprehensive about making the long drive from the airport to our resort alone, however Odyssey Tours made the entire experience fantastic. When I walked out of the airport there was a representative holding a sign with my name and he quickly showed me to my ride. The van was clean, nice, and airconditioned and the driver, Alvaro was absolutely fantastic! I felt completely safe and comfortable and the long drive flew by as he pointed out many places and answered the numerous questions I had about the beautiful country! Once I arrived at the hotel he made sure I checked in without complications. He was so helpful and professional that my group had four different departure dates back to the US and we all booked Odyssey Tours to take us to the airport. In addition they helped us set up and take us to a zip-lining tour. I would highly recommend using Odyssey for any travelling in Costa Rica. I know that when I go back next year I will not use anyone else!!!!!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Brandi A
Austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I highly recommend Odyssey Tours for your Costa Rica travel...Rather than rent a car or take the bus (family of 5) from San Jose to Puerto Viejo, Limon Province, and back a week later, we hired Odyssey Tours. Alvaro Sr. and Juan arrived on time in a nice private van to drive us across the country (4 hours) to our final destination. Juan is young, well educated, and an enthusiastic guide. He had good sense and timing; he knew when and how much we wanted to hear about the history, flora, and fauna of Costa Rica on the drive. For our trip back, our driver, Esteban arrived on time in a smaller van, but every bit as comfortable and clean.

1 Thank AustinJulie
Edmonton, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Good, beautiful country disengaged tour guide”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Costa Rica is a wonderful country and so much to see we had limited time and hoped our tour would match.

Used trip adviser and I am not sure I think as much of our guide. It was good but not great. In other words we enjoyed ourselves but felt the tour was missing the appeal that would have made it great.

We had booked a four hour tour at $50 and wanted to extend it. We got A six hour tour and it was a $100. While that would have been okay as we did some interesting extras but the whole tour lacked any enthusiasm and as such it took away from the experience.

1 Thank OnTheGoCFO
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Absolutely Reliable”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We recently visited Costa Rica and arranged all of our transportation through Odyssey Tours. They were there with a big sign to greet us in San Jose to drive us out to Jaco. Then picked us up in Jaco to drive us to the Arenal Volcano and then from there they picked us up to take us back to San Jose. This company goes above and beyond! There were stops along the way to show us sites and points of interest that we would not have known about. The drivers and "co-pilots" spoke English very well so a language barrier was non-existent. Many recommendations were made for the places we were staying. On our way to Jaco we decided to do a catamaran cruise to Tortuga from Puntarenas. Our driver immediately called and made arrangements and we were picked up the next morning at 7:15 am. The vehicles were clean and comfortable. We had a lot of fun and learned about Costa Rica from residents who are obviously very proud of their country. Thank you for an awesome trip and when we return we will be contact Al again!