“Vancouver”
other travellers have booked this property
Hammock for lounging Lounging
Hammock for lounging
Lounging
View out your back door
Welcome to paradice
Relax in a beautiful tropical setting.
Brand new deluxe grill with burner. Place it anywhere you like of course.
Ripe and ready for our guest to eat in Oct 2016
New appliances and dining room set
new dining room set
Master Bedroom New Paint.
Master bedroom
Master Bedroom Bath
Bedroom # 2
Bedroom 3
Bathroom  # 2
Side patio ' Looking out towards the front of the house
Brand new blazing fastquad core PC with ssd drive
Entertainment Center/ telephone with free unlimited calls to USA and Canada Incoming # as well
More entertainment center
Down Town Jaco
More Down Town Jaco
Beach Fun
Jaco Water fall
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

kim a
“Vancouver ”
Reviewed 21 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Awesome!
It's difficult to review Casa Soli without reviewing its external usefulness.
My girlfriend and I stayed for eight awesome days. We swam every morning, every night. The yard is so private that swim suits were never a thought. We used the kitchen always. Seafood can be bought cheaply at the ceviche bar on the Jaco main St (across from the gym)
Every meal we ate plantines and seafood. Breakfast was, tuna or marlin steak, eggs and fried plantines. Dinner was BBQ snapper
And salad. It cost us about $10 a day for our food. Also, most cantinas charge around 1000c for beer and 2000c for appys.
Casa Soli is close enough to the beach to walk; however we rented a motor cycle for the stay. That made it so easy to get to markets. However we still found great places to hike. Miro mt is only a short walk away. It's a good days hike. The views are fantastic. The entrance is across Hwy34 from the south Jaco gas station. You can hike up to the abandoned restaurant and get great views of Jaco. Carry on past and make you way up to the Miro house. The views are incredible from there. You can make your way down to Hermosa beach from the top. Bring good shoes it's a 6hr hike.
There is the Friday market by the soccer pitch. Lots of great fresh fruit, veg and fresh squeezed juice. All very cheap.
There is a fishermans coop in Tercoles. We bought a 4kilo snapper there for 4000c ( $8 U.S)
A note to other travellers:
If you want to spend lots off money, their are lots of places willing to help you spend it. However you can really have a good time cheap here. We spent a total of $700 while we were there. That included the motor cycle rental.
Before we arrived in Jaco we had read many advisories suggesting there was allot of tourist crime. We personally never witnessed anything. Conversely we felt safe everywhere we went. We were treated excellent everywhere.
I would go back there in a heart beat.

Robert W
“Flawless!”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Casa Soli is where you want to be if you plan to be in Jaco Beach.

This was my first trip to Costa Rica. I booked the house only two weeks before I was to arrive. The owners Michael and Soli were traveling and could not be there for my arrival. They scrambled and enlisted the help of a friend (Glenn) to accommodate my dates. Glenn was superb. I spent a few days in San Jose at a hotel he recommended, then he picked me up and drove me to the house in Jaco, ensured access, showed me around, etc. He provided me with solid advice and information throughout my stay, not to mention some good conversation and laughs.

The house and its location are exactly as described. I wanted for absolutely nothing during my roughly three week stay, which I extended by another few days simply because I did not want to leave. Michael and Soli are as pleasant as they are honest and accommodating. They intuitively understand the differences in people that rent their beautiful home. For me, privacy was a priority. I went to Costa Rica to get away from things. Being a New Yorker, this includes people :-). Casa Soli is extremely private, yet very close to everything anyone would need or want.

I’ve traveled to many parts of the world. My trip to Costa Rica ranks near the top solely because of Casa Soli. Many, many, many thanks to Michael, Soli, Glenn and their grounds person (Danny I think?). You literally could not have done anything better. I will be back for sure.

Liked best: Privacy; Owners and support personnel; Location
Jaco, Costa Rica
“Stress Free”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I'm a seasoned traveler that has lived here in Jaco for several years. After recently returning to the states I have made it a habit to travel back to Jaco serval times a year.

I have stayed in the top resorts and also one room cabina's. This place is by far my favorite. I enjoy stress free travel and have come to appreciate lodging that contributes to this lifestyle. Casa Soli has all the comforts of home. Three bed rooms each with full size beds and individual A/C units. Washer/dryer, BBQ grill which we used almost every day!

Whenever I needed anything it was just a phone call away and usually taken care of within the hour!

Having bicycles on the property make it easy to get into Jaco from this centrally located house. Veggie stand, butcher shop and liquor store within walking distance.

This is my second stay here and hopefully not my last, but with all the good reviews it might be hard to book this place now!!

Liked best: Wifi,pool,BBQ grill, location
Swift Current, Canada
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

I have stayed at the Casa Soli 3 times over last 4 years and have to rate everything at 5 stars.Micheal and Soli were excellent hosts and if there was a problem it was taken care of right away. The vegetable and meat market are very close which made it very convenient to buy and cook at Casa Soli. The shops ,stores ,beach were all within a 15 minute walk.The house was fantastic everything you needed to make the stay comfortable wifi,movies ,ac,private,quite,safe . The pool and 2 decks were great if you just wanted to take it easy ,keep cool read ect. The yard and pool are well taken care of. I am looking forward to going back to Casa Soli in the near future. Thanks Micheal and Soli

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Floating in a lounger in pool reading a good book
Liked least: Holiday goes to fast seems to short
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
562rachel
Toronto, Canada
“Our awesome week in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 30 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Five of us went to Jaco Costa Rica in April 2015, we had a great time, and staying at Michael and Soli's was perfect for us. We have stayed on resorts many times in the past, but we wanted to try something different. and I'm glad we did. this was a nice three bedroom with two bathrooms one of them in the master bedroom. there was enough space for all of us. a cute kitchen which was big enough for us to cook our meals, and a living room with computer and TV, we didn't spend too much time there as we were outside enjoying the HOT HOT weather. I think I enjoyed having the private pool to ourselves the most, instead of a crowded one at the resorts. we were a very close walk to the Jaco strip were there were many nice little restaurants, small grocery store and shops. and the Beach is very close walk as well all about a 5 minute walk. We rented cars at the airport to get to Jaco, I wouldn't do that again as driving to Jaco from SJO was an experience I'll never forget (no traffic control what so ever) we ended up returning the cars a few days in after driving to Manuel Antonio. Since everything was walking distance. If I were to get a chance to do it again, take a taxi to Jaco they have plenty of car rental places in Jaco and rent there and go see some tourist stuff. Driving there wasn't as bad as driving from the airport which is about an hour and a half drive minimum. if you know where you are going. Over all I had an amazing time saw monkeys at Manuel Antonio, exotic birds in the back yard, decent size lizards on our walks. We tired a few different restaurants and not once did I complain about the food it was all awesome. we stuck to the busier places. and everyone was very friendly. If you are looking for a place close to the hustle and bustle, but far enough away to have your own privacy as well then I would give this place a try

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The priviate pool in the back yard
Liked least: the air condishioner in the living room leaked a lot
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Sandy B
“Amazing little house”
Reviewed 27 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

This is the sweetest little house, has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms so lots of room. Two covered decks for eating at or sitting out having coffee in the morning watching the macaws land in the tress above you. The yard is beautiful nice pool to cool off in and yard to sun tan in.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Just a beautiful place made you feel like you were home
Liked least: Not a thing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
William B
Eustis, Florida
“Almost Great”
Reviewed 17 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

After living off and on in Jaco for over three years, I have stayed in many places. I found Casa Soli on trip advisor and the price over all was cheaper than it would have been per night for a decent hotel.

Owner is American, and trust me, that is important. No outrageous deposits that if given to Ticos you usually don't get back. Check in was easy and at first glance place looked great.

I booked here for three weeks. Location for me was great. Close to main highway and short drive to el centro. House comes with two adult size bikes and one child size. You can bike to anywhere from the house but these people here drive crazy so keep that in mind.

House has three bedrooms. One master with bathroom and two approx 10x10 bedrooms. All with full size beds and another full bathroom off the hall. Small kitchen with dining area and small living room. House is equipped with a perfect sized pool in the backyard and a gas BBQ grill. Washer and dryer on property also. All rooms equipped with powerful ceiling fans that for most part keeps everything comfortable. But if needed, air condition is available in each room also!

Now for the negative. The house is a little out dated. It's "man clean"... Meaning if my mother was to come in she probably would complain. The walls need a coat of paint, the house hasn't been "really" cleaned in awhile. Dirt buildup on top of fridge and cabinets. Dirt on bathroom floors in the corners. The furniture is very old and uncomfortable. The bed in the master was good thought!

This place is just a good cleaning away (and a few small upgrades) from being perfect!

Travelling group: Solo
Management Response
10 Nov 2014
Hello and thanks for your kind review. Sorry about the house not being 100 % clean on your arrival. We had a gentleman staying at the house for 3 weeks prior to your stay. We do require a house cleaning once a week and he told us he had his own housekeeper, and seeing the condition when he left, it was apparent he did not. He checked out the day before you arrived so we did our best to get the house as clean as possible for you. As for the upgrades you suggested, we were on them the day you left.The house has been completely custom painted inside and out also we are having most of our furniture inside and out reupholstered to make our guest as comfortable as possible. Thank's for noticing our new ultra Sealy mattress in the master bedroom, it's brand new. The reason we had not done painting sooner was the house has been occupied since last December and we have had no sufficient time between bookings until now to do so. We thrive to make Casa Soli a luxury rental home on a budget price and will continue on our mission to do so. We feel there is not better value in the area and possibly in all of Costa Rica.Like you mentioned, "about the same price for an average hotel room in town".That's why the home is almost alway's booked. Thanks again for your stay at Casa Soli, Jaco Costa Rica and we hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes. Soli and Michael
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing