First of all, I have a confession...we booked Forest Hills as a stop off to break up our journey from Arenal to the South of Costa Rica. So we had relatively low expectations, more of just a place to lay our heads and have a break from driving. Little did we know, that it would become a highlight of our trip!
After getting lost when trying to find the hotel, we called Erica for help, and she came to meet us just off the main road. From that moment on, she made our stay fantastic. The property itself, is a wonderful, almost Spanish looking villa, with six well appointed rooms, and a shared living space where you can utilize the kitchen or living room. You basically make yourselves feel at home.
Due to the fact that it's a small boutique hotel, it's easy to get to know the other guests, either at breakfast, by the pool, or in the evenings over a cocktail. With Erica acting as the 'social glue', people are soon chatting and sharing stories. We enjoyed the conversation and company so much, we skipped on going out for dinner, and Erica drove us to get take out to bring home. If you get the chance, you should do the same, amazing local food which is quick to pick-up and very cheap.
The following morning we had the pool to ourselves, so we sat around drinking coffee, eating the delicious fruit that was provided and having a swim. In fact, we ended up leaving later than we planned as it was hard to let go!
We decided to stay at Forest HIlls for one extra night later in the vacation, once again, a fantastic experience. This time, the room we were given was even better - the 'Presidential Suite' - which is hard to justify in words. A private staircase, up to a large bedroom with a domed ceiling above the bed, and a little veranda over looking the swimming pool. In addition, a massive bathroom, with a small set of stairs leading up to a deep bath tub. Amazing.
Forest Hills Suites is certainly a great place to spend a few days, especially if you want to use it as a base camp to explore Manuel Antonio, or many of the excellent nearby excursions.
- wonderful service and an excellent host who make the stay special.
- a simple breakfast, which is self serve, or the use of a very fine kitchen if you wish to cook.
- not too far from the main highway, but far enough away to feel remote.
- a beautiful building with great rooms and wonderful facilities.
- none that I can think of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush green mountains and minutes from the beach, this private seven-acre estate has a pool, landscaped gardens, and a mansion with five luxury suites that include full-time concierge service and daily complimentary breakfast. We invite you to step into paradise and relax in luxury. Enjoy the hospitality of your own private concierge hosted adventures while hiding out in this opulent estate. You will find this five-suite, one-of-a kind boutique hotel equipped with all the first class amenities that will create delightful memories. Each suite has a large-screen TV and Wi-Fi access, so you can always be in touch with the world you left behind. After a day of adventure or doing nothing at all, perhaps you'd like to unwind with a soothing massage by the pool? Your private concierge is there to arrange your dream trip, and all you need to do is ask. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Forest Hills Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forest Hills Suites Costa Rica/Jaco