“Great Asian cuisine in Jaco”
Review of The Wok - CLOSED

The Wok
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a healthy fusion of fine Asian cuisine from various countries of SE Asia.We serve an excellent variety of fresh vegetables,meats ,fish and shellfish,for vegetarians we offer as well tofu, sitake mushrooms and bamboo shoots ,all our sauces are homemade and your meal is prepared in our open outside kitchen.You will be pleasantly surprised by the different flavours that we can offer you in the best true Asian-Fusion restaurant in town; see you at The Wok!!
White Hall, Arkansas
“Great Asian cuisine in Jaco”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Wok is a nice and cozy Asian restaurant/ bar. The owner has a great personality and knows her Asian dishes. I found myself going back for lunch the following day. So if you want fresh, hot out of the wok Asian food...I suggest " the Wok" @ Jaco beach Costa Rica.

• Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
Newark, Delaware
“A nice Asian lunch at the beach”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I were actually looking for another place in Jaco and, when we couldn't find it, decided to give the Wok a try. The place is small open air but that seemed to add to the atmosphere. The menu is a blend of Asian cultures-Thai, Indonesian, Indian, Vietnamese and others. My wife had Pad Thai which she enjoyed and I had an Indian Rice rice dish that was pleasantly spicy ( I like hot food). The owner was also the server and was attentive without being pushy. Perhaps the only complain I have is that there was a very limited selection of non-alcoholic drinks but, apart from that, the Wok makes a nice place for lunch in Jaco.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Runereader
Jaco, Costa Rica
“Very nice place, great food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Found this place randomly and sat down for a couple of beers. Ended up staying the entire night for both more beers, great food, and good conversations with the owners and the patrons.

Food is great, it truly is, but I would give it only 4.5 stars for a tourist. The reason has nothing to do with this place but rather that Ticos are not entirely fond of spicy food. If you compare the food here with similar dishes in their native countries, you'll find less flavor here. Again, this is due to the taste preferences of locals. When we asked, we got a wonderful chili sauce on the side.

• Visited May 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Average food at best, server got in fight with cook before our meal, walked out on job - wish I knew Spanish to understand the conversation. Won't be back to the Wok even tho owner was friendly.

• Visited May 2014
Finksburg, Maryland
“Delicious, fresh, authentic great visit!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My dad and I visited here to bring lunch back to the family. Everyone was expecting pizza but we weren't very impressed by the pizza joints we passed. We passed "The Wok" and the it smelled wonderful! The owner (Leslie I believe) was so sweet and really down to earth. We got tuna with noodles, Mahi Mahi with rice, and beef with rice (as well as meatballs for an appetizer with mango and rum smoothies while we waited). Everything was delicious and the portions were definitely adequate. Price was definitely fair and it was well worth it. DELICIOSO!

• Visited April 2014