“Wish I could had stayed longer!”
Review of Hotel Perico Azul

Hotel Perico Azul
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
Kelowna, Canada
“Wish I could had stayed longer!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I see why this place gets great reviews. First of all, Celine was the nicest host I have met in my month in Costa Rica. She was very helpful and kind and she had the cutest cats! Lula the cat came to visit in my room the day I left. The place was clean, secure and had a great friendly atmosphere. My room also had a kitchenette and a fridge. The communal kitchen is a nice feature. There is a pool and the hotel is a short walk to the beach and restaurants. Celine also gives her guests a card for free beach chairs with a local company, which I did not get to take advantage of. Great place and very affordable, I will stay here again next time I am in Jaco!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 24 February 2013

During my first trip to Costa Rica I stayed 10 nights at Perico Azul. It's a fantastic place with friendly, helpful staff and a familiar and relaxed atmosphere. It's located close to the beach and Jaco center but situated in a quiet side street. Bright and friendly rooms that are very clean like the whole place. Celine and Mike made my stay simply perfect. Thanks a lot!!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Perfect place !!!!

Very clean, very cool , very good staff, very quiet, very close from the beach, very close from the center.

Best place in Jaco.

The surf school got the best surf Instructor I never seen.

If you need something the staff will be here to help you at anytime.

I would like to say thank you to the staff to make my trip so easy and amazing..

So guys if you are going to Jaco check this place...

• Stayed February 2013
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I found Perico Azul on Trip Advisor and it was kismet. I was in San Jose for a couple of nights and messaged the Hotel to see if they had any availability because I was planning on coming to Jaco for a few days starting the next day & figured if they didn’t have the space then I wasn’t supposed to stay there. They sent back they had 1 room left, I said perfect I will take it...so clearly I was supposed to stay there. It was my home away from home. I arrived a few hours later and received a warm welcome from Vicenta and later that night from Celine (owner.) The rooms are a perfect size and clean. I had one with a kitchenette, which I didn’t really use because the restaurants are great also! I did have a little fridge that was very convenient for cold beverages or fruit or what have you…There is a pool at Percico Azul right in the center of the Hotel’s courtyard, so if you don’t want to walk the 10 minutes to the beach, you don’t have to. You can take a quick dip in the pool to cool off. The location was perfect, because it is not in downtown Jaco so you get away from the touristy part. However, if that is what you are looking for it is only a 15-20minute walk to downtown Jaco. There is a restaurant directly next door and there are a number of other restaurants in downtown Jaco as well that are great. Celine is wonderful; she took us on a hike up the Mountain that separates Playa Jaco & Playa Hermosa, which was a great workout and incredible views not to mention the wildlife that we got to see. Wow! Where can you go and have such hospitality? Hotel Perico Azul is the answer….When I return I will stay at Perico Azul.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with kitchenettes and some without, there is a common kitchen as well for use...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BrookeToro
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at Perico Azul because of the good reviews I read on TripAdvisor. This place is a gem and was the highlight of my trip--I stayed for 4 nights and surfed for 3 days. As a solo female traveler I felt very content staying here. I liked having access to a kitchen--it felt like a home rather than a just another hotel. Mike and Celine are awesome and go out of the way to make sure everyone is happy. I look forward to returning and would tell anyone going to Costa Rica to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed in Jaco for three days (2 nights). I came across Hotel Perico Azul via tripadvisor and chose it for its high ratings and affordability. But the place turned out to be more than that!! Mike and Celine - the two most amazing people you will meet, will go out of their way to make your trip a memorable one - which has indeed been the case for me. Everything from canopy tours to surf classes to restaurant recommendation, they will help you arrange it. The hotel is located 5 min (or less) walk from the beach. They have bikes for rentals too!! The hotel has a nice cozy feel to it. The room was comfortable, with good air conditioning and clean linens and towels. You also get access to lounge chairs and umbrellas at the beach courtesy of Tortuga Surf Camp. If you do take lessons (which I highly recommend) you will be amazed in how much you can learn in just 2 hour lesson plus Mike will hook you up with sick video and photos. Will go back there in heartbeat.

Room Tip: Book early in advance because the rooms go fast here
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are headed out this morning after spending the weekend here. We are not surfers yet, but stayed here because of the reviews and cost. We will come back because they are all true. We wanted to be close to town without being smack dab in the center or sealed in a western-style hotel chain. The room was cool and clean, with a small kitchenette inside: fridge, hot plate, utinsels and pans. There is a full kitchen for all to use, sort of like a hostel. The pool was a welcome break from the beach and the others guests (mostly surfers) were friendly and communal.

• Stayed February 2013