“Great location and great hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Posada Jaco

Posada Jaco
Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Sydney, Australia
“Great location and great hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week. We had only planned on staying for 2 nights but we had such a wonderful time we extended our stay. Rob and Marg are perfect hosts and recommended several day tours (Manual Antonio, zip lining and a great fishing trip). The hotel is situated 40 metres from the beach which can be seen from the balcony of our first floor room. The rooms are in fact a small apartment with full kitchen facilities and a separate TV room. The pool is large and always sparkling clean. The grounds are beautiful and many tropical flowers were in bloom when we were there. The hotel is very clean and has recently been painted. The hotel is great value for money and were we also able to save by cooking on the barbeque

Room Tip: First floor rooms have views of the beach and sunset
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

I travel to Jaco quite often, taking clients to the beach community. A couple had hired me for the day and I was on call for 24 hours. I always try to stay close by when I am on call. So, I was looking for a place moderately priced for my stay in Jaco. I have noticed the Posada making cosmetic improvements in the past so I decided to go by and check them out. I met with Robert the owner. Very nice guy who had bought the hotel a year before. He showed me a couple of rooms and we toured the facility. What the heck, I'll stay for a night. The room was large and pleasant. New paint and clean. The A/C blew cold, which is important for Jaco, due to it's heat and humidity. You can tell Robert is putting money back into his hotel with the improvements he's making. Only downside is the older T.V. with no remote but It was not a problem, as I only watch a few channels anyway. 2 nice pools, one bigger than the other that I didn't use because of the lightning storm. Big bodega for relaxing to use, if you need to. Grounds were well manicured with plenty of flowers. Easy access to the beach, restaurants and bars. I really like this place and Robert is certainly a great host. When I say I surely will be back, it's not lie. I have already booked it for 2 nights in July for a family visit this time. If you are looking for a place to stay that is easy on the pocketbook, check out the Posada. A great value in Jaco.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here in Feb for 3 nights on our first trip to CR. It was an easy drive from the San Jose airport. The hotel was easy to find. It is an easy walk to the beach. The hotel felt very secure. The rooms were nice and clean and as described. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. It was easy walking to restaurants. There is a bar on the corner that was playing very loud music on Friday night that we could hear from our room. We didn't hear it the other nights. It did quiet down by midnight though. We stayed in 2 rooms while here. We made the mistake of leaving our a/c on all day as we do here in the States and it had froze up and didn't work when we returned for the evening. We waited and relaxed out in the courtyard for about 30 min but it still didn't work. Rob very kindly moved us to another room with working a/c and we turned the a/c off while not in the room for the duration of the trip. Overall at great stay. The owner's are very friendly as was the other gentleman working there (can't remember his name). We ran into him down the street looking for a place to eat. He recognized us and gave a suggestion.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

We purchased one of Posada Jaco's packages. Our arrival was delayed by 10 hours, but our transport was there waiting for us. Rudy (our driver) accomodated us and and introduced us to Costa Rica on our 90 minute drive from San Jose to Jaco. Marg was there to great us and help us find some food before bed. In the morning, we talked with Rob and Marg and planned our stay. We were within walking distance to beach, restaurants, spas, and shops. Most other attractions were a very short drive. Accomodations were as pictured and the owners were able to supply items we needed to borrow (coozies, cooler, umbrellas, etc). Rob, Marg, and Moe (our walking buddy most mornings) helped us feel extremely comfortable away from home. The Wifi let us 'Facetime' with our family in the states. We left Jaco excited to bring our kids to meet our new friends at Posada Jaco.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Margaret S, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope your children do not get to jealous of everything you did and maybe we may see you down here with them in the future. PS Moe does miss his morning walks with you.
Rob and Marg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

The hotel was well situated, close to shops, bars and the beach. The rooms were spacious and clean, with full kitchen facilities. Laundry was available for a fee which was returned very quickly. The owners were friendly and extremely helpful. The pool was a great size. I highly recommend this hotel for a chilled and hassle-free holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Margaret S, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
So good of you to write about us. I hope the rest of your trip goes well with no more health problems and you arrive home safe and sound. If we ever get to London we will definitely call in for some of the best Fish and Chips in England.
Rob and Marg
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I really liked being right near the beach and the price was fantastic. The only complaint I had was that it was very noisy. It is down the street from a bar that likes to play loud music. They did have it turned down by midnight but I am an early to bed, early to rise person. The hotel was clean and the rooms are large. It is great for the younger crowd. I was very happy that the hotel management helped us arrange our zip line trip and the river cruise. That was very helpful and both excursions went very smoothly.

Room Tip: There is a pool, but no spa or restaurant. It is very basic. I think the second floor is the best c...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Airlie Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Had the best stay, owners super helpful, clean spacious rooms with working aircon!
Pool is clean and massive bbq area and seating.
Really close to beach and right in the middle of town.
So happy there!
Thanks for the Vegemite, saviour haha

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple