“Strong two for one drinks”
Review of Surf Dogs - CLOSED

Surf Dogs
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are located 20M off of the road in front of Budget Rental Car. We have inside and outside dinning. Check out our Surf Board Dinner Tables.
“Strong two for one drinks”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with my friend to stop for a drink while walking around town. The place has surfboards for tables facing out towards the Main Street making it perfect for people watching. They had a happy hour going on of two drinks for one so we ordered the piña coladas with and extra shot. They were good piña coladas, not like some of the amazing ones we've had here made from just fresh fruit, but still pretty good. We also had the nachoes wich we're good too. We're pretty solid drinkers, but wow, after the first drink we did not need that second one! After some confusion, the waitress still brought it anyway so of course we drank it which ended up with an interesting bike ride back to the hostel. Overall good value if you're looking for a good strong drink. I would go back again.

• Visited July 2014

“Nachos!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I had dinner and some frozen drinks here with my wife and 7 year old daughter. At first site, it looks more like a night life spot, but I felt comfortable eating with my family here. We took advantage of the happy hour deal (2 for 1 frozen drinks from 4-8) and the daily special (2 for 1 fish and chips on Thursday. The daiquiris were decent. We took the advice of another reviewer and ordered the extra shot of rum for $1. I didn't like the mojito. Instead of using fresh mint, they use what tasted like a mint flavoring which resulted in a frozen drink that tasted like spearmint gum. The strawberry daquiri, on the other hand was just fine. The real highlight of this place, to me, was the food. Nachos were absolutely delicious! (We are nacho aficionados from the birthplace of texmex) The fish and chips was really good too. The "chips" were actually fried yuca fries which added a nice Central America twist and the batter on the fish had a hint of sweetness. 5 stars for food, 4 for the drinks. I really hope they revisit the mojito recipe.

“Rent from them!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We rented a surf board for the week and the price was amazing! We were allowed to switch out the board based on what we were wanting to ride. Friendly staff. Our go-to the next time we visit.

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Best cocktails in Jaco”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Really good frozen drinks, lots of options. Great happy hour deals. Good way to cool down after long day.

• Visited May 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“I'll be back!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Surf Dogs my favorite play to eat and drink, 6x's in 9 days! Convenient location, right in the center on Jaco's Main Street. The food is very good, my favorite drink is their refreshing daiquiris, they have lots of fun games to play which made for a VERY fun time, best service in town!

• Visited April 2014