“LOST DRIVING LICENSE”

Ranked #3 of 8 Shopping in Jaco
Jaco, Costa Rica
“LOST DRIVING LICENSE”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have rented a board for a week in the CARTON Surfshop and once I came back with my board and wanted my driving license back, it was lost. I have spent total 170 US $ ,
to get a new one. o and loss days of vacation.I was offered 20 US $ from the CARTON. Worst ever experience. I do not recommend anyone to use the services of this shop.

Visited November 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service - Best Place in Jaco”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My friend and I have been surfing Jaco and Playa Hermosa for some years now. We always rent boards due to the high prices the airlines charge for carrying one's board. This is the first time we used Carton's, and without a doubt, it is the best in town.

It's very laid back with friendly people working. I had set up everything via email with "Warner". He had what we needed when we showed up. The best part is they have a "no hassle" attitude. I had lost a fin and came back. Warner gave me a new one and a wrench to take with me to tighten it if needed, and told me to pay when I returned the board.

A pleasure to deal with! Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank r w
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Easy and cheap to rent surfboards”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

$12 for 2 hours. Easy walk to Jaco south beach. Perfect waves for beginners like me! The man at the shop was friendly and spoke excellent English. We also left our car at the shop which felt a bit safer than parking it by the beach. :) I forgot my rash guard and asked to borrow one but they didn't have any. FYI.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank BDDono
Richmond, Virginia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Shop in Town”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Set my family up with boards for the week - very reasonable prices and great board selection to choose from. He has shaped for 30+ years and has the awards to show for it. Many Carton boards will be seen in the hands of locals in Jaco and the surrounding beaches, Hermosa - Esterillos - Bejuco... Great guy and so is his dad. We actually checked the boards out from his dad who spoke no English but we worked things out for a 1 day trial and could trade a couple boards in for different ones after trying them out. Highly recommend if you don't take sticks with you.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank adventurefamily05
London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Carton is the man”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The surf shop is conveniently located next to Jaco beach, and a 5 minute drive from Playa Hermosa, where we were staying. The boards are really awesome - but beware that there aren't a lot of mid-sized available. My companion and I have both been surfing several times before, but weren't quite ready for a shortboard. There weren't any mid-sized boards available, and Carton told us we'd be good as gold with 6'4s, but I knew that would be too short for me - I'd been riding mostly on low 7's before that. We had to return to the shop the next day to get different boards, still not exactly what we were looking for, but they ended up being ok anyway.

On a side note - Carton is an awesome character. We chatted with him a bit in the shop, and ended up randomly running into him a few times in Mal Pais the following week - he was hanging out with the shaper of the surf shop we were renting from there.

Visited December 2012