“Wonderful”

Villa Caletas
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This place is wonderful. Great views from almost everywhere. My husband and I stayed here for three nights and it was the most relaxing place we have stayed in a long time. We upgraded to one of the best rooms they had and it was well worth it. The room was a villa on its own with an infinitely pool on the balcony. Talk about romantic. The only slight negative of the place is the limited places to eat. Otherwise it would be close to perfect.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear friends, thank you very much for your very nice review. We hope you will visit us again soon. Best regards manager@villacaletas.com

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I got married at Villa Caletas on January 18, 2014, at the Zephyr Palace. This place is breathtaking. Zephyr Palace is off to the side of the property and provided one of the most amazing wedding locations I have ever seen. The hotel can be stingy on the pricing and you need to check your bill carefully, but in terms of location and beauty it is second to none.

We rented Master 16 Suite at Villa Caletas, which must be the best unit in the hotel. It is not easily accessible if you do not like going up and down many stairs. But we rather enjoyed the exercise and would do it every day of our lives to live in that unit. It was such a treat to wake up to this view everyday. It was like living in a dream. The sunsets from anywhere on this property are gorgeous.

The unit has an infinity pool, jacuzzi room, living room, and large outdoor patio. There are windows looking out into the ocean in every room. Absolutely gorgeous. I was brushing my teeth in the jacuzzi room one day and saw a few toucans in the trees. A few days later, we saw at least 6 toucans before sunset flying around from tree to tree. I also saw scarlet macaws flying in the distance. We were visited by a coatimundi, after having accidentally left some food outside. We were also visited a few days in a row around mid-morning by a large iguana, who was as curious about us as we were about him. We did not, however, see any monkeys. But we saw a lot of those in Manuel Antonio.

The rooms were nicely kept and clean. We had an ant issue in the bathroom, but not a big enough deal for us to complain about. The housekeepers missed a day of cleaning our room, so we had to call.

We had read some mixed reviews on the food, but we found the food to be really good at the teatro near the amphitheater. I'm pretty picky when it comes to food but their Caletas breakfast, lobster salad, and guanabana smoothies were delicious. The food was very good and even better for the wedding (especially the surf and turf). We were all pleasantly surprised.

This place is all about the view. Other than the villas, restaurant, common pool, and a small spa, which just has rooms for treatment, there is not much else to do at this hotel. It is a very large property, but did not feel as large since there were not a ton of common areas. If you are looking for a more resort-type place, we highly recommend the Marriott Los Suenos, which is a gigantic property. We had our welcome reception there.

Villa Caletas is a special place, and not just because we got married there. How it is only #5 on hotels for Jaco is beyond me. The first 3 hotels do not look anywhere nearly as nice.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christine H
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Friends, thank you so much for your very nice review. As you were able to experience, wedding are always magical moments in Villa Caletas and Zephyr Palace. We work very hard to deliver to our guests the perfect setting, ambiance as well as memories that will last for ever. We look forward to see you back with us soon !!. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I was here for about three hours with a group of friends. We stopped here for a few drinks and the sunset. The place is flat out impressive. There is about a two mile driveway straight up a mountain. Once your into the place you immediately realize your in a special place. The food, chicken wings and fish and chips was better than average. The drinks were drinks. The view was one of the best I've exsperienced. If you have the oportunity to watch the sunset here don't pass on it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Friends, thank you very for your warm review. Paradise´s gates are wide open and waiting for your next visit. !!.. Pura Vida. manager@villacaletas.com

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I booked a couple nights for a buddies wedding that was hosted next door Zephyr Place. Everything about this hotel felt right. The Views are spectacular. The Service Amazing! I needed a Cigar Cutter at 10:00 PM and sure enough called the front desk and they sent Giovanni to my room just to cut my cigar. Now that's service! I ended up staying an extra night cause just cause my girlfriend didn't want to leave. It's the type of place you would go if you want to propose, get married, or stay on your hunnymoon. AMAZING spot! And I've traveled a lot. Very memorable!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear friends, Thank you so much for your nice comments !! We love to know that you had such a great time with us. We like to believe that our bells boys are world champions in service and kindness !! You prove us right. We hope you will visit us again soon. Have a great day. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I have traveled a great deal and have been to some beautiful places, but the views, sunsets and surroundings at the Villa Caletas are second to none. We awoke on Saturday morning to a pink sunset shining into our master bedroom. The only thing that surpassed the hotel and the rainforest were the people who work there. They are always pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. It is one of the few times that I can say that it was truly worth the money.

Room Tip: Chose a room with a view of the Pacific Ocean.
1  Thank Readprof

Dear Friends, thank you very much for your warm review. Having being myself in Capri and Amalfi, i am very happy and proud to ear such comments. We work very hard to give the best service we can and we are very thankful for your words over our staff. We are looking forward to see you back in the Italian part of Costa Rica !!.: ).. Pura Vida. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com

Reviewed 25 January 2014

this time is the second time I living in. Here, I own a tourism company and the first time my clients charm them to the point of return after 2 years and is just as nice and excellent service, not to mention that we were 18 people and yet the cheek in was fast and after our amazing room, the bellman was very informative and taught me everything I had to know about this place. I hope to return soon

Room Tip: the view from the suites are unreal and very tranquil and relaxing
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Friend, thank you very much for your warm review. It is always a pleasure for us to ear such nice comments not only over the place but also over our dedicated staff that will go the extra mile to give the best service they can. Have a great day. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of being able to have dinner while watching the sunset from the gorgeous hotel. We walked around the property, which is amazing to say the least. The infinity pool is like nothing we've seen and the amphitheater built into the hillside was spectacular. Even the iguana hanging around seemed to really enjoy the view! We would love to be able to stay there if we ever return to Costa Rica again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_Caletas, Front Office Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear friends, thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your dinner with us at our Amphitheater Restaurant. As you mentioned, the view from here is just amazing and staff does it best to give our visitors the best service we can. We hope you will visit us again soon and stay with us for the night so you can enjoy the whole magic of Villa Caletas. best regards. manager@villacaletas.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
#1 of 2 in Punta Leona

Been to Villa Caletas? Share your experiences!