“A Little Bit of Heaven”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Denver, Co
“A Little Bit of Heaven”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

11 years ago my then Boyfriend and I stayed at the Villa Caletas in Villa 19. It was the most romantic night of my life and we just revisited the hotel for our 10 year anniversary. We stayed in their nicest Villa #20 this time. I was surprised a more beautiful Villas then the one we had 11 years ago. This Villa was easily 1000 square feet with 2 bathrooms, marble floors, and we had our own infinity pool overlooking the jungle(we had an infinity pool in Villa 19 also, but not quite as big). The Villa was our own private compound, with an outside wall and interior garden with lilly ponds and fountains, and there was no need to leave. It was Serendipity at its finest and we created new memories and fell in love all over again. The grounds, the service, and the hospitality are off the charts. The prices are very reasonable for the amenities you get. I was waiting for Robin Leach to jump out of the jungle from Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, the place was so fabulous. Since that visit 11 years ago, my Husband and I have traveled all over the world and we still to this day think it is the most romantic and beautiful place we have ever stayed. Whenever we needed anything, they were always at our door within a minute. We were always calling for more candles, as we lit them all outside and in the hanging lanterns. We also ordered room service for dinner since like I said, there was no need to ever leave our Villa. We will be back for our 20 year anniversary. Thank you William and all of your fabulous Staff, it really was Heaven in the Clouds. And your private beach and grounds simply breathtaking.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, 15 July 2010
Hello friends, greetings from Villa Caletas!!

We are very grateful that after all this time, you have decided to come back to Villa Caletas and experience the hotel again. A lot of time has passed and the hotel has just gotten better with time. We are happy that you had a good time again and that you have good memoriesto take back with you from your visits.
I have uploaded a picture of the octopus that was in the fountain in your private garden, near the swimming pool.
Thanks again and hope to see you again in the near future!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Stuart
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I traveled down to Costa Rica to shoot a friends wedding that was at Villa Caletas. I had no idea what to expect, but my expectations with completely blown out of the water! The staff was amazing, gorgeous views, villas with private balcony's that featured a private hot tub, infinity pool, are just a few things that completely impressed me from the start! I also love that this was not a "typical" resort you would see in the states in the fact that they have done a great job of incorporating the resort around the rain forest instead of just bulldozing everything and building a bunch of buildings!! I also was able to experience my first yoga session with Holly the yoga instructor. She did an excellent job of teaching me the unique positions and how to use proper form when doing yoga. Plus the yoga classes had a amazing backdrop looking down towards the ocean and toucans flying all around!! I couldn't imagine a better place for my first Yoga experience! Villa Caletas is well worth the little added cost to stay there, you won't be disappointed!! Thank you for such a great stay!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
California
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I did an early morning yoga class here w/ Holly that was great. The view is unbeatable and Holly has a great energy and enthusiasm for what she does. The drive up to Villa Caletas alone is worth it. I'm just sorry I didn't catch a sunset sitting in the ampitheater here because I'd imagine it's one of the few places that can actually live up to the hype.

Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Hello, thanks for letting all of us know about the great day you had doing Yoga with Holly, she is great and we feel lucky to have her in our staff. Sunsets in the amphitheater are out of this world, I have uploaded a picture for you to best imagine how it looks like.
Greetings from your friends at Villa Caletas!!
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
Reviewed 18 June 2010

This hotel is over the top in terms of architecture and interior design. Besides the ocean view, you get to see monkeys, scarlet macaws and toucans in the tree tops.

Warm greetings from rainy Costa Rica,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your good experience at Villa Caletas, its always an excellent motivation for our team to hear people enjoy the hotel.
Pura Vida!!!
atlanta
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Just returned from a week in Costa Rica - 4 nights of which were spent at Villa Caletas. We had originally booked a master suite which was absolutely beautiful but I'd booked it for the sunsets and this room was not a sunset view room. William immediately understood (even though we had one of the best rooms in the house) and took us to see the African suite in the Zephyr palace. Unbelievable! The view was exactly what I'd anticipated when I booked the room. The palace only has 7 suites and is in their event facility. Absolutely stunning infinity pool overlooking the gorgeous ocean and island view.. Amazingly, we were the only two in the palace during our entire stay. My birthday night consisted of sunset cocktails in the pool overlooking the breathtaking view and sunset. The entire staff could not have been more accomodating. They truly catered to our every whim. The staff is on par with Four Seasons or Ritz standards. The grounds are immaculate, the restaurant delicious, the Spa was wonderful. I can't say enough about this hotel but the staff is what really made us feel pampered and made my birthday so wonderful.

Good afternoon dear friends,

We are happy to hear your comments about your good experience at Villa Caletas and the Zephyr Palace. That African suite is gorgeous, plus the sunset view that you have from the suite is amazing, unbeatable!! We are glad top know that you had a wonderful experience and birthday, filled with good memories, so that when you go back you can take a little piece of paradise with you!!!!
Thank you for letting us know, this the fuel that powers our engines to keep doing a good job so that people like you can have a good time!!
A big hug from your friends at Villa Caletas !!
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I photographed a wedding here last March and seriously, did NOT want to leave.

Compared to other CR choices this hotel is a bit on the $$$$$ side. But if you can only stay here a few nights, it's worth it. It's breathtaking- the grounds are impeccable, the pool beautiful, restaurants yummy, pina coladas even yummier! The staff is totally helpful (we even had one friendly gentlemen sent to our room to kill a HUGE - and I mean HUGE - spider before we went to bed.) Take advantage of the morning yoga on the terrace and spend a lot of time taking it all in- the view, the people, everything. This was only a stop on our trip but if this is the only place you are going make sure you get off the grounds for a few days , otherwise you might as well be in Hawaii. The beach is a pretty long drive down a steep path but the hotel shuttle will take you there- don't forget to go into Jaco for Tacos!

PURA VIDA!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2010

My wife and I stayed in a Master Suite during our week long honeymoon in early May. The resort is picturesque and amazing, and has plenty of beautiful flora and fauna as well. This is the rain forest, so there will be bugs there, but nothing too bad. We bough bug bracelets, which worked will to repel any biting insects - no problems while we were there. The staff is wonderful, friendly and very professional - this is one of the greatest qualities of the Costa Rican people - very friendly and a wonderful laid-back outlook on life. The food at the restaurant is excellent, a little on the pricey side, but good nonetheless. We saw many wild birds, squirrels, a even a coati came and visited us in our pool during our stay. The private beach and cabana were nice and the ride down to the beach was fun in the back of a covered truck. The beach was a rocky, but very pretty and secluded.

While on our trip, the concierge arranged many different activities and conveniences for us. The hotel driver which drove us to and from the airport was very nice and had a comfortable private van waiting for us when we arrived from the US. Later in the week, we had a deep sea fishing trip where I caught a huge Rooster fish and enjoyed the Gulf of Nicoya. She also arranged a combination white water rafting / Manuel Antonio National Park tour. The guides and drivers were wonderful and also spoke excellent English. Lastly, we had a couples massage and were very impressed by the excellent work of the staff at the spa - very reasonable prices too. We would definitely recommend this resort, our time was wonderful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jb501968
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Hotel Pumilio
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
#1 of 2 in Punta Leona
Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion

Been to Villa Caletas? Share your experiences!